16th May 2019

Roland Aira System-1 by twinreverb

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 4 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.75
Roland Aira System-1

This is an excellent two octave synthesizer. Out of the box, it comes with 8 patches (total memory slots: 64). It's easy to use. Load up Roland's free VST into your DAW and you have access to the 279 available patches for it, which you can load in sets, if you wish. Loading/saving all 64 patches is very easy. (The only reason this is required is, I think, due to a firmware update that made all 64 memory slots available.)

As for the sound, the patches sound fantastic, and so do the patches you create. The controls are easy enough to understand. The manual from Roland's website, however, left a little to be desired, such as a more thorough description of what happens with the COLOR knob in various OSCillator and filter positions.

I am primarily an electric guitarist in church, so my role is that of "aux keyboard." But this synth definitely delivers. And the lack of velocity sensitivity in the keyboard actually helps so that I don't accidentally trigger something when switching back and forth between electric guitar and keyboard.

This thing has also spurred my creativity. I'm finding myself falling in love with music writing again.

Rock on, Roland. I love my System-1.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Roland Aira System-1
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search