The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Soundelux U195

Soundelux U195

4.75 4.75 out of 5, based on 1 Review

A GREAT mic

2 weeks ago

Soundelux U195 by Hammer v2

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.75
Soundelux U195

The Soundelux (or Bock) U195 is a cardiod large diaphram condenser with a "fat" switch and it sounds very good. Very good indeed!

Now trying to describe "good" in a review is kinda pointless, so is comparing it to a U87 or C12...because at the end of the day it sounds just like a U195. Which is a good thing.

I have put my U195 in front of lots of singers, voice over artists, guitars and it has sounded great on all of them.

I plug it in, turn up gain and get on with the job of making productions. The one thing this mic DOESN'T come with is a harsh top end, it's nice and smooth all the way to the top frequencies. You don't need much EQ...It's pretty much record and move on.

It would be hard to see how you can go too far wrong with a U195 (especially when you can pick them up 2nd hand for $700USD) but microphones at this level are all about taste so do have a play with one before you fork out the cash.

That's what I did when I bought mine 15 years ago and the only way to get me to give it up now would be to pry it from my cold dead hands.

Last edited by Hammer v2; 1 week ago at 06:49 AM..

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Soundelux U195
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search