The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Focusrite Clarett 8Pre USB

4.75 4.75 out of 5, based on 1 Review

Great work Focusrite!

2 weeks ago

Focusrite Clarett 8Pre USB by AGmixing

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.75

I was searching for great interface for my home studio looking primarily to buy UA apollo, Rme or Antelope and saving money to be able to by one of these expensive interfaces. One of my frends, experienced producer said why don't you look at new focusrite clarrets series. It's way cheaper than those and will do a great job. So I've listen to him and buy this device. For this price I was stunned how good this device was. From latency, sound quality, build quality, ease of use. When I got this device I needed cca. 20 min to set it up and since then I didn't have any issue or problem. Focusrite control software is super easy to set up and has lot of presets for different kind of use. I'm using it with its own preamps for drums which are very good (especially Air function) but like to use other preamps for vocal. Then it serves me like A/D, D/A converter.
Dynamic range (119 dB) is also great with great headroom. It's good to pair it with clarett octopre via ADAT to have realy usefull portable studio with great quality.
All in all, I think it's best Bang for buck device for home studio owners and great entry in professional recording.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Focusrite Clarett 8Pre USB
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search