The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Behringer X-Touch Compact

4.5 4.5 out of 5, based on 1 Review

Universal USB/MIDI Controller with 9 Touch-Sensitive Motor Faders

2 weeks ago

Behringer X-Touch Compact by natifix

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 4 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.5

I use Propellerheads Reason and love the SSL mixer in that DAW and purchased the X Touch Compact for a few reasons. Price, 8 channels AND a master channel, as well as the fact that they are automated is really a plus.

I got three of these units and use them with a saved template in Reason. IT did take a minute to figure out how it wants to work for my work flow...

Even though there is the chaining option, I dont use that. For some reason, when I tried to connect it that way, I couldn't the assignment of faders to work properly.

So I use three separate usb which is no big deal to me. I have tons of usn ports on my computer and if not, I can buy a hub.

The units work perfectly. Once setup they are such a pleasure! well worth the 900$ to get all three... vs the mackie base model plus the extensions are like 700 bucks... I wanted 24 channels at least. I may get a 4th some time soon.

Only complaint is the grouped pots dont all work like the fader pots, and can only be assigned to certain features in the ssl. I wish I could manually map it to Reason, but I havent got that to work.

well worth the money if you want a cheap mixer feel in your studio and would rather spend money elsewhere, like in nice monitors. or acoustic treatment.

I love these units. beats spending thousands and changing my DAW.

I didnt like any of the other mixer controllers out there. excluding the mackie which was out of my budget for a controlling hardware.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Behringer X-Touch Compact
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search