The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Audiorax 6U Lowboy Custom Rack

5 5 out of 5, based on 1 Review

A perfect fit.

3 weeks ago

Audiorax 6U Lowboy Custom Rack by themiracle

• Sound Quality N/A
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 3.75

This new "lowboy" 6U rolling wood equipment rack provides some of the best value in my studio.

I have a small space that I have continued to fine tune for a couple of years now, and each time, it's the little things. It's the $70 patchbay not the $2k compressor that really changes the game.. and in this case, it's my new rack. I'd run out of space in my main rack, but had also customized it so thoroughly, with home built shelves for mic power supplies & cable storage that I wasn't ready to give 'er up.

So I researched some smaller rack options before contacting Audiorax to see if they could make me something to fit my exact needs and space. After a few rounds back and forth, Joel designed and built me a beautiful custom solution for an incredibly reasonable price.

The rack rolls in perfectly under my desk while retaining exactly the amount of legroom I need to truly be comfortable.
I'd initially felt tempted by a little extra space, but reflecting back I'm so very pleased that I stuck with the 6U design.

I can cross my legs easily under my desk, and my chair slides all the way in under the desk.

The construction is obviously very meticulous with interlocking finger joints running the length of all connections. The wheels are mounted towards the corners in such a way that the balance feels solid and grounded while the mobility is smooth, even with a 50lb amp in the top position. The routed handle make sit a breeze to slide in and out, and the fit underneath my desk is like a glove.

The rack came shipped in nested boxes, wrapped with extreme care and professionalism. Joel and his team have obviously been doing this a while.

To take on a custom order and so thoroughly knock it out of the park while keeping the price so approachable almost seems too good to be true, but this rack optimizes the space in my little room perfectly, it improves my workflow, increases access to my tools and makes the room feel cleaner and more tuned.

I could not be happier.

Check 'em out.

(ps. Sorry! I'm just not sure why 2 of these pics are rotated incorrectly ~)

Attached Thumbnails
Audiorax 6U Lowboy Custom Rack-img_6167.jpg   Audiorax 6U Lowboy Custom Rack-img_6165.jpg   Audiorax 6U Lowboy Custom Rack-img_6164.jpg  

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Audiorax 6U Lowboy Custom Rack
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search