The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Audiomovers Audiomovers

Audiomovers Listen To

4.75 4.75 out of 5, based on 1 Review

Audio broadcast and mix check plugin that allows the output of a channel or 2 bus to be heard over the Internet.

2 weeks ago

Audiomovers Listen To by not_so_new

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.75
Audiomovers Audiomovers

I don't do a lot of reviews, mainly because... if I like the sound of something, what does that mean to you?

BUT

This is a product that I wanted to talk about because I simply love this thing and this seems like a small company that we should all support (great, innovative product that does what it says it does).

So here is the deal...

They offer a plugin (VST, AAX, AU) that goes in the last slot on any channel in your session but I assume most people would usually put it on 2 bus.

The plugin has log in information for your account back on the Audiomovers portal.

Once the plugin is tied to the portal you have the option to select your streaming quality, the number of users who can connect remotely to the session, a session password (if you want it), latency and, most importantly, a place to copy a web URL that will take you to the session from any browser with Internet access.

When you have that URL you can now send it out to remote users so they can hear the output of that channel over a simple port 80 web call (no one needs to make any crazy firewall changes on either side of the session).

So besides the obvious, remote mixing for clients, there are lots of really cool uses for this product.

I have a pretty nice home theater system that does a great job for mix checks. But getting audio to that system has always been a frustrating process.

With this tool, I log into the web page and then I have the ability to Chromecast my browser tab to my home theater, and I can mix in real time using TeamViewer connected back to my DAW in the studio, all while using ASIO I/O through my hardware inserts.....

COOL!

I can also do a mix check from my various laptops, tablets, remote speakers and earbuds around my home.

Again, COOL!

There is a bit of a problem with the Android app, it worked the first time I tried it but it didn't work after. However, using Firefox on my phone I can also do a "mix check" on my Pixel 3.

Even better, I can then take my phone out to the car for a mix check directly off of the DAW 2 bus in real time.....

Also COOL!

True, the sound quality isn't as good as the sound coming directly off of my converters. But it's not bad sounding at all, and frankly this is the modern version of doing an FM transmitter check (most people listen over the Internet now anyway so you are getting a real world feel for your mix).

You will need a DAW that is connected to the Internet, your machine will need a good connection and you are going to need fairly fast bandwidth at your studio (I have 150 megs symmetrical and didn't have any issues while there was other streaming going on around the studio as well, but I don't think you would need that much bandwidth).

Outside of that, you don't need to think about this a lot, it's easy and it works... simple.

At the end of the day, the plugin seems stable, it really doesn't seem like it takes a lot of horsepower, it's easy to use and it solves a problem you might not have realized you had.

And as great as this service is, guess what? It's only 99 freak'n dollars a year. This is a stupid easy to recommend solution. I couldn't give it more of a thumbs up.

Last edited by not_so_new; 2 weeks ago at 05:33 AM..

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Audiomovers Audiomovers
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search