The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
LaChapell Audio 500CS

LaChapell Audio 500CS

4.75 4.75 out of 5, based on 1 Review

I love the EQ and the compressor for natural shaping. You're probably not going to get crazy compression out of this, but for a natural vibe, it's superb. This channel strip is well worth the money for just the EQ and compressor alone, and to get another clean pre with it just sweetens the deal. Don

17th February 2019

LaChapell Audio 500CS by musicdab

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.75
LaChapell Audio 500CS

First off, let me state that this is an amazing setup, especially for the price. The EQ and compressor are silky smooth and give such a tasty color to the audio. I've been testing them with vocals, guitars, and in the mixing phase. I've loved them on most occasions.

However, the preamp on this is quite weak. Even using a Blue Dragonfly, a notoriously sensitive condenser, I had to have this thing cranked to 3 o'clock + to get a solid signal through it. Another note on the preamp side, it seems lacking for dynamic mics on basically ever source I threw at it, even with a cloudlifter. Mind you, I like a bit of a fat bottom, and this just felt thin. Yet it truly shines with condensers, giving them a breath that really brings things to life. It's a vast improvement from your budget interface pre's, but it's not my favorite pre in my box.

I love the EQ and the compressor for natural shaping. You're probably not going to get crazy compression out of this, but for a natural vibe, it's superb. This channel strip is well worth the money for just the EQ and compressor alone, and to get another clean pre with it just sweetens the deal. Don't hesitate to add this to your setup!

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... LaChapell Audio 500CS
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search