The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Steinberg Halion 6

Steinberg Halion 6

4 4 out of 5, based on 1 Review

Mind blowing sound creation tool. It IS all about the sound.

25th December 2018

Steinberg Halion 6 by coolfog09

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 3 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 4 out of 5
  • Overall: 4
Steinberg Halion 6

Halion 6 what you are going to get is a ton of instruments including: strings, brass, piano, organ, world instruments, electronic type synths, of course sampling, grain sampler, wavetable synth, world percussion, organ engine, and something called a halliotron which emulates an old tape loop machine.

You get Steinberg effects you can add or are already added to most of the presets.

You get a arp/sequencer that you can use and also it has a bank of presets and you can create and save your own.

I made a video where I go deep into Halion to give a below the surface look:

YouTube

The shipped instruments are the real deal and the audio power is beautiful and inspiring. The built in controls let you shape and stack the sound but you can also dig deeper for some people and dig into the sound editor and the program tree.

This is a no brainer for the sheer vastness of the amount of sounds you get and the ability to shape them and save them into your own pallet. I have quite a few software instruments and I have to say this software competes with almost anything out there right now. Very snappy and user friendly as well.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Steinberg Halion 6
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search