The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Monheim Microphones FET Microphone

5 5 out of 5, based on 2 Reviews

I had a chance to demo this microphone and was really impressed. Bought it. For the price it solves a lot of problems that cheaper mics cannot cannot deliver on. I really love it on my guitar amps and Female vocals - but it is a great all around mic as well.

21st December 2018

Monheim Microphones FET Microphone by CapsulesTuned

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 5

I had a chance to demo this microphone and was really impressed. Bought it. For the price it solves a lot of problems that cheaper microphones cannot cannot deliver on. I really love it on my guitar amps and Female vocals - but it is a great all around mic as well.

6th August 2019

Monheim Microphones FET Microphone by Scarousel

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 5

I'd been wanting to upgrade for a while and was thinking about springing for a U87 or U47 clone when I decided to order the Monheim FET. I do a lot of voice over work and this was EXACTLY what I was looking for. I was using a Rode NT1 which by all means sounded fine to me until I plugged this in. It made the NT1 sound like 2 paper cups with a string attached in comparison. Warm, up front, clear and punchy. Mouth noises were almost non existent in comparison as well. I normally have to navigate the harsh high frequencies in EQ to keep clarity but tackle de-essing. Not anymore. The dry signal from my digi 002 Black Lion Audio signature series mod preamp was great as is. I just sold my Golden Age Pre 73 MKII and ordered a Golden Age PreQ-73 Premier that gets here in 2 days and I'll be uploading some comparisons between the Monheim FET, Neumann U87 ai, TLM 103, Rode NT1 and possibly a few others. I'm glad I saved the extra cash not going with a Nuemann (Never thought I'd say that) and if you want a clear, thick and smooth sound then I highly highly suggest going with this mic.

Attached Thumbnails
Monheim Microphones FET Microphone-p1177180-edit.jpg  

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Monheim Microphones FET Microphone
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search