The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Waves Audio Element 2.0

Waves Audio Element 2.0

4.25 4.25 out of 5, based on 2 Reviews

Waves Element has a large group of features that can be used to create vastly different but beautiful sounding outputs. The mod matrix is pretty unique in that it has 4 LFOs, 1 dedicated envelope and the arp/sequencer that can be used as inputs to modulate the variables for sound creation.

6 days ago

Waves Audio Element 2.0 by coolfog09

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 3 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 4 out of 5
  • Overall: 3.75
Waves Audio Element 2.0

Waves Element is very similar to their Codex Plug-in. Both share similar architecture the main difference is that Codex uses samples while Element uses preset sound waves that can be molded to create beautiful and complex sounds. Both synths have a minimalist approach but at the same time you can get a huge amount of variability and complexity from the options available. The sound quality and the mod matrix really define this plug-in. 4 lfo, 1 dedicated envelope and the sequencer/arp can all be used to manipulate the controls in the mod matrix.

I found version 9 to load and run in a snappy manner on my workstation. Recently they were on sale for around $30 each. For this price it would be difficult to find a better deal.

I just started using Waves with version 9 and did not need a dongle to have these running on my PC.

This is part of Waves system so they want you to update to the latest version every year for a small price per plug-in owned that is capped. You are not obligated to update and the old version will still run without updating.

2 days ago

Waves Audio Element 2.0 by Roberto Alvarez

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.75
Waves Audio Element 2.0

Waves Element 2.0 is a subtractive synthesizer with FM, Phase modulation, and filter FM options. It has 4 LFO, one filter with 4 different filter types, the modulation matrix with 6 slots, 5 different FX that can be used simultaneously.

I should say Element 2.0 sounds really great. But the key point is programming Element 2.0 is quite easy and fun. You don't have to rely on preset sounds, you can create your own sounds easily. That's the strongest point of this little soft synth.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Waves Audio Element 2.0
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search