The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
CEntrance R4

CEntrance MixerFace R4

4.65 4.65 out of 5, based on 2 Reviews

The HQ mobile recording interface you've been waiting for

2nd November 2018

CEntrance MixerFace R4 by mtingle

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 4 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 4 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.5
CEntrance R4

I've been waiting for this device every since it was announced as an Indiegogo project many years ago. Its been a long wait but it is finally here and it's been worth it!

What I wanted out of a mobile recording device was to be able to record audio to an ipad in high quality using a truly portable interface. As a musician I sometime need to di a bass or guitar so an interface that also had a hi-z input would be perfect as there would be no need for a di box that would add extra baggage to the setup.

For my needs the R4 actually delivers on all my requirements. It records in high enough quality to be able to use on my CD album releases and has the flexibility to record on the road with decent battery life and be able to handle a variety of sound sources including phantom powered mics (true 48v by all accounts).

I wont go through all the spec details, these are easy to find on the centrance website. I can give a little bit of feedback on having used it for a while.

1. get a USB 3.0 CCK. The USB 2.0 CCK version has a glitch that made it drop out on my setup.
2. there's no input limiter so you need to keep an eye on the levels.
3. You'll need to carry a paper clip as you need something small to poke in a change the dip switches if you'd like to adjust the phantom power / hi-z / High pass filter.

Also it's a little pricey but you do get the quality you're after.

I could live without the dip switches, that a side this is exactly what I've been waiting for to record myself and other artists with my mobile recording studio.

2 weeks ago

CEntrance MixerFace R4 by HarryLegg

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.75
CEntrance R4

I picked-up two MixerFace units when the deal was first offered through an indiego campaign. Like everyone else, I had to be very patient in waiting for the product to become reality. It was ultimately worth the wait. I had been using the CEntrance MicPort Pro and was used to the clean sound of that rather inexpensive unit. The MixerFace R4 is even cleaner and more transparent. I provide promo/imaging voiceovers for Radio & TV stations around the world and having a clean mic chain when I travel is incredibly important. The headphone amp is especially clean, too. I purchased the model that does not have the built-in recorder - but what a great idea for back-up or for when your phone or laptop crashes on you at a critical moment. Both Pro Tools on my Mac and TwistedWave on my iPhone instantly recognized the unit - it was plug and play/record! I have only one minor critique. I wish they had included the limiter as had been discussed in an earlier potential version of the product. One note of warning, if you want to connect it to your iPhone, you will need the USB to Lightning adapter - I found third party adapters (that said they were Apple certified) did not work reliably, but the official Apple adapter does. Don't waste your money on 3rd party adapters. You can also use this interface in your home project studio - it has balanced monitor outputs. The built-in battery is said to last 7 to 8 hours - that's really substantial - especially considering that it provides phantom power. It is very well thought out and it is not another cheap, plastic piece of junk. It is well-crafted. You get what you pay for - and in this case, you get a heaping load of quality. Well done CEntrance!

Attached Thumbnails
CEntrance R4-img_2057.jpg  

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... CEntrance R4
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search