The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Stam Audio SA-3A

Stam Audio SA-3A

4.75 4.75 out of 5, based on 2 Reviews

31st October 2018

Stam Audio SA-3A by IzzyRock

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 5
Stam Audio SA-3A

I've tried the SA-3A on a mix today and I was absolutely blown away by its "sweetness".
I don't have the real thing in my studio, but since i'm mostly a plugin guy I've always used the Waves counterpart for electric and acoustic guitars.
I already started the mix without the SA3A but after I received it I HAD to try it on the acoustics and it just sounded 5 times better. The low end now was sweeter, and even though I liked a lot the plugin, I never realized how "hard" and thin the low end was sounding with the Waves compressor.
For me, the "word" for this piece of gear is SWEET.

I encourage you to get this amazing little thing and put some sugar flavor in your guitars.

Peace.

6 days ago

Stam Audio SA-3A by mixo

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 4 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.5
Stam Audio SA-3A

Joshua,

Ok so I spent some time last night comparing the Stam SA3a's to my Recapped Urei 3A's and I was very happy. I always keep my Urei's in the limit mode and love to use them on kick and snare when I record and mix. I only have them limiting maybe 1-2 DB's, I love the balls that they add. I multed a kick and snare track from a recent project to the Urei's and the Stams and the Stam's sounded wonderful!! I had some clients listen and they chose the Stams. The Stams are a bit brighter but that is fine with me. It's hard to tell the difference between the Urei's and the Stam's. Well done Josh!!
Im now thing about selling my Urei La4's and buying 2 more of these Sa3A's.....It would be great if you could make a racking unit for these to racked side by side.

Don Sternecker
Mixolydian Recording Studio

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Stam Audio SA-3A
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search