The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Clavia Electro 5D

Clavia Electro 5D

3 3 out of 5, based on 1 Review

Ho-Hum keyboard best suited for wedding gigs.

29th October 2018

Clavia Electro 5D by Chromalord

• Sound Quality 3 out of 5
  • Ease of use 3 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 2 out of 5
  • Overall: 3
Clavia Electro 5D

This review is for the Nord Electro 6D.

Some good, some bad, some MOR. The organ sounds, primarily the B-3, and its Leslie modeler are very good, however chorus/vibrato section (as it applies to the B-3) is unimpressive. The percussion section is average. The Farfisa and VOX are a bit on the lifeless side, and their 2 pipe organs are terrible, not at all on par with the ones in there C2-D model. The pianos and electric pianos are very good: lots of presets,and they respond well to the FX sections, however some of the E.pianos have anemic attack in certain zones. Clavinets were VERY disappointing . I have better home-made samples I made with a D6 and a Roland S-770 sampler. There is very little timbre control over them, again, the attack and decay is wrong on certain presets and certain zones. Then there are a huge amount of synth sounds, along with standard instrument like brass, strings, vibes, basses, and synth sounds. (too many Mellotron and Chamberlin samples, of which many are noisy) Brass is basic and will get you thru the wedding gig, the strings are harsh. The synths sounds are acceptable but very limited editing, but thats not really a criticism because this really isn't a synth. The Electro is very well built, easy to read display, VERY lightweight. Jacks are well labeled, keyboard action is very fast which suits organ and clav playing, yet still resistant enough for solid piano work. The FX sections and reverbs are above average. Overall, the sound borders on being low-rent: Its very mid-rangy, though not digitally brittle and a lot of the patches have EQ settings applied that I don't agree with. Navigating the instrument quickly with confidence will take a little time as it has some indigenous quirks. I don't know if this would be my 1st choice in the studio, but it should work well-enough in most live-gig situations.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Clavia Electro 5D
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search