The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Roland EV-5 expression pedal

Roland EV-5

1.75 1.75 out of 5, based on 2 Reviews

Bought new, didn't work at all, Roland didn't seem to care.

10th October 2018

Roland EV-5 by Jye

• Sound Quality 1 out of 5
  • Ease of use 1 out of 5
  • Features 3 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 1 out of 5
  • Overall: 1.5

Bought new, it didn't work straight out of the box, Roland Australia were not helpful.

I live in Australia, and didn't want to pay the crazy prices for pedals in retail stores here, so I purchased a new one from eBay overseas. It is a flimsy looking pedal, light weight plastic and low grade built-in cable, made in China, and seemingly with a lack of quality control or testing. It didn't do anything when plugged in to my Roland VR730.

I spoke to Zach and Andrew at Roland Australia. Initially I was told to just buy another one! I was later told I can return it and only if he eBay seller was an authorised Roland distributor they could help me. There is no way for me to know that, and they refused to help find out. After 45 emails, I just gave up and bought a better quality pedal. Quite simply... I bought a brand new pedal. It doesn't work. I just wanted a pedal that worked. I would look at other expression pedals, given mine didn't work new, I imagine the durability of these is questionable. You may have to replace your EV-5 every 6-12 months.

It was not a pleasant experience, and I have heard similar stories of a complete lack of care and support by Roland Australia from other musicians.

Last edited by Jye; 10th October 2018 at 02:33 AM..

10th October 2018

Roland EV-5 by teamsterjim

• Sound Quality N/A
  • Ease of use 2 out of 5
  • Features 2 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 3 out of 5
  • Overall: 1.75

I’ve had an EV-5 for years and it works great.
I too was concerned of the cheap plastic but I’ve been stomping on this with boots forever now.
You got a lemon, I would try again.
I think they’re over priced, but they work on every European made Controller Keyboard, and don’t need an adapter.
My FC7s need the old Ashby FX7 adapters

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Roland EV-5 expression pedal
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search