The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
RME Babyface Pro

RME Babyface Pro

3.9 3.9 out of 5, based on 2 Reviews

The best portable interface money can buy.

5th October 2018

RME Babyface Pro by Hammer v2

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 3 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 4 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.25
RME Babyface Pro

Look anywhere on any audio forum and people are talking about this interface.

And with good reason.

The mic pres are excellent, the I/O is more than adequate with 2 headphone outs, balanced monitor outs, MIDI and ADAT (or MADI if you buy the MADI version).

Lots of interfaces have these qualities these days, yet the RME is far more expensive....so why on earth is everyone going crazy for it?

Well, i could go on about the individual specs..but the reality is that it comes down to 3 things.

The drivers are peerless. Like works of ****ing art. You plug this thing in and it works. All day every day. There are never funky hiccups, or apps that cause it to lose sync. It is rock solid and the latency is a country mile ahead of the competition. Over USB, no one comes close.

The sound quality is absolutely top notch. It will blow the pants off all but the most expensive of converters and the mic pres are pristine with plenty of gain (even for a sm7b). It manages all this whilst running off bus power.

Lastly, the software Totalmix is a beast. It will require you to RTFM....but do RTFM because Totalmix is gives you what is essentially a hardware 01v. With this little box you can do proper headphone mixes with reverb, proper monitoring mixes, 5.1...whatever. Totalmix will do it using the on-board hardware, Latency free.

It's these three things that have made it the darling of the audio community, and the centerpiece of my studio.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... RME Babyface Pro
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search