The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Drawmer CMC2

Drawmer CMC2

3.6 3.6 out of 5, based on 3 Reviews

Simply fantastic monitor controller, a steal for the price.

28th July 2018

Drawmer CMC2 by Friedrik83

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.75
Drawmer CMC2

One of the best products I own, in terms of value for money, sturdyness, beauty, functionality and especially quality. It simply perfectly works. It does all it promises, without lacks or imperfections. It maintains the same stereo image at any knob setting, no noise added, buttons feel great. I am no related in any way with Drawmer, I already own one of their most famous compressors (the 1968 tube fet stereo compressor) but I know nothing about the company or the brand.
My only complains: if they added an auxiliary output to send to a spectrum analyzer I could gain an extra stereo output from my audio interface. Oh and the auxiliary input could have a little bit more headroom, but mine are just considerations from a very very happy user.
Highly reccomended.

9th February 2020

Drawmer CMC2 by Dogus

• Sound Quality 2 out of 5
  • Ease of use 4 out of 5
  • Features 3 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 1 out of 5
  • Overall: 2.5
Drawmer CMC2

I'm using it for 10 months. From UA Apollo to ADAM A77x, Neumann Kh120a, Avantone Mixcubes.

Sound quality

At first sound quality is good, nice stereo imaging. After 3 months volume knob started to distort, scratchy all the time. Basically distortion all the time. Also got some weird shielding issues that I can hear my HDD running from my speakers. (Yes, I know about grounding issues but If I connect another controller it's gone, just with CMC2) Headphone amps a bit hot and sound coming from it even if you turn the volume all the way down. Aux input is too low.

Ease of use, features

It's easy to use, pretty straight forward. Reverse polarity, mono functions, listening to just sides are nice. No calibration for volume of different speakers.

Bang for buck

It's a common issue with this product that volume knob crackles. It's a cheap unit. I've sent an e mail to Drawmer Tech Support four months ago, they asked my address to send a replacement knob. Nothing showed up, and no replies to my emails. Bad customer support.

28th July 2020

Drawmer CMC2 by tze019

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 4 out of 5
  • Features 3 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 3 out of 5
  • Overall: 3.5
Drawmer CMC2

I haven't used a lot of monitor controllers, but I find this one to be very practical in most ways.

1. The inputs and outputs are very reasonable. 2 in 2 out. There's an aux in via 1/8" but I've never used it. Always run those through the console for routing reasons. I don't have a sub, but I use the sub out for the mono monitor, which is handy.

2. The big knob is smooth. The gain is really ice and consistent, not finicky at all. That goes for the little knobs, too. The headphone amp has lots of very clean gain, cleaner than the console, which has a little tilt to it.

There are some complaints I have about it...

- Buttons are buttons. They wear. They aren't always perfect. 2 years of daily use.
- The headphone amp doesn't have a mute. Often I will forget to turn down the headphones and have this odd upper mid shift listening to the mains at low levels... which always turns out to be the headphones. I would prefer a mute so the headphone gain can be left as the ideal setting, rather than turn it up and turn it down...
- The main knob is pretty touchy 2 years in. It has weird shorts that come and go, but once it connects, its good for the day. And it DOES get scratchy... but its mostly just dust in the studio.
- The inputs/outputs are all 1/4", which I can't argue with because the unit is very thin. However, within the first year, they jacks were already starting to get finicky, needing to be wiggled to get them to connect right.

OH! Last positive. The unit has an anti pop power setting. You can turn it on or off accidentally, and it mutes the outputs to the monitors before it shuts down... and the same in reverse as you power it up. Very appreciative of that.