The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Alto TS310

Alto TS310

4.25 4.25 out of 5, based on 1 Review

A game changing speaker

4 weeks ago

Alto TS310 by kodebode

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 4 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.25
Alto TS310

Contrary to expectations, this revision of the ALTO TS range, is the best speaker I have ever heard.

Not just the best PA speaker, but the best speaker, beats any studio monitors, and all other portable PA speakers I have ever heard.

In accuracy - upon 1st listen, you want to have your head/ears checked cos you have never heard audio that sounds like this. Open pin sharp - clear.

The default sound is definitely enhanced in the high end, and a bit in the low end.

Once you correct this with a bit of EQ - I use an 11 band graphic EQ and have the benefit of frequency analysis with a measurement microphone, and a few days/weeks defining and refining an EQ curve that tames the excessive highs and lows.

The end result is unbelievable - how can a speaker sound this good?

It has replaced my studio monitors - what - a PA speaker - yes, is now my personal listening reference speaker.

The sound is the most life like, controlled, up front and 3 dimensional (front to back), I have ever heard. In my mind it is so accurate, that beyond a relatively flat frequency, I think its transient response is great - drums crack, no boomy bass.

All the music I listen to on this speaker - is revealed for what it is - good, bad or ugly - no coloring of the source audio, voices especially sound more life like, than I have ever heard.

Looks - great - as good as any other portable speaker out there - drivers are well hidden behind a grill and some acoustically transparent foam, which also keeps out dust.

When mixing live - because the audio is so transparent, all mixing changes are so easy to make and you hear the result effortlessly - typically I end up using less EQ than usual.

In addition to clear - this speaker will also do loud - very loud, lots of power in reserve.

How can everything sound so clear - vocals - I can hear all the words on songs without any struggle - every word, and yet the speakers are non fatiguing - I must stop here, cos I could go on forever - I have never heard audio like this - it is shockingly good, and unexpected. I do not have anything to compare it with. With other speakers - you know - I am listening to a speaker. With this one - the speaker almost goes away and you forget you are listening to a speaker - your ear sees beyond the speaker and you are focussing on the sound, all the different elements - like the performer and his band are right there in front of you somewhere in the speaker, or just behind it.

My thinking is that this startling goodness is due to DSP crossovers, modern drivers, a cabinet design that does a good job of dampening resonances.

The diction on human voices and the intelligibility is uncanny - effortless.

The clarity allows you listen in at much lower volumes.

This is a new standard in human rights - no human being deserves to hear audio reproduction at any standard less than this. Once you hear this, you cannot go back. It might be the solution for world peace... Such transparent effortless punch in drums, bass - every instrument - just so clear, without being harsh or uncomfortable.....

Last edited by kodebode; 4 weeks ago at 02:00 PM..

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Alto TS310
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search