The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
iConnectivity mio2

iConnectivity Mio2 2x2

5 5 out of 5, based on 1 Review

2x2 5-pin MIDI ports PC and Mac compatible Works with up to two computers at the same time! Plug-and-play 10 user-configurable 16-channel MIDI ports Configuration software makes it simple to create and save routing, merging, and filtering presets. One can be stored on the device

3 weeks ago

iConnectivity Mio2 2x2 by padbury

• Sound Quality N/A
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 3.75
iConnectivity mio2

The MIO2 is a MIDI Processor, not an audio interface as Gearslutz has it categorised.

And it does a very, very good job.

The Mio2 is literally set and forget for the mainstream MIDI tasks.

Plus when things get interesting it has a whole heap of MIDI control tweaks under the bonnet if you need it. Like filtering and merging.

Small

Cheap

Cool Looking

Bus powered

Handles 2 MIDI inputs and two MIDI outputs

Handles two computers at once (think about that)

Appears in your DAW as multiple instances of MIDI sources both input and output, plus an "Omni" instance in both directions to.

I use it to get my Kawai Piano which has MIDI but no USB talking to Ableton Live in both directions.

I also use it to connect my M-Audio Code49 keyboard to my Korg Minilogue via MIDI, whilst allowing my Arturia BeatStepPro to connect MIDI to the Korg Minilogue simultaneously.

Plus Ableton Live can see both the BeatStepPro and The M-Audio Code 49 keyboard as MIDI sources via the MIO2 hardware.

So you plug a MIDI cable in from your hardware to the Mio2 and the USB from the Mio2 talks to your computer in both directions.

I can't say enough about how good this little MIDI / USB interface is.

Highly recommended.

Punches above it's weight.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... iConnectivity mio2
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search