The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Fluid Audio FPX7

Fluid Audio FPX7

5 5 out of 5, based on 1 Review

Exactly what I was looking for in smaller studio and live mix recording review monitors on $1,000 budget.

2nd May 2018

Fluid Audio FPX7 by senny

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 5
Fluid Audio FPX7

First things first, I've had these monitors for about six months.
They replaced my very first pair of 'studio' monitors, the Behringer 3030A.
I am, first and foremost, a live sound guy. I mix mainly for modern Christian churches and conferences.
My main purpose for these is to review my own mixes to see what I can improve on, on a weekly basis. There are rare occasions where I'm putting together a rough EP of a newly written song, but nothing mastering grade.

These were up against the Presonus R65 and R80 line.
I've always leant toward ribbon tweeters because I have the privilege of mixing on high-end d&b audiotechnik and L'acoustic systems which have impeccably clean highs for systems of their size & capacity. Picking out every detail in that range is quite important for me, something which I couldn't get with the Sceptres, though I liked their cohesiveness.

When I AB(C?)-ed the three, the Presonus R80s seemed a little stretched in the mid-range. It was deep and clear, but a little empty in the middle. Vocals being so critical for my application, it was the first to go.
The R65 seemed to have more attack and better punch than the FPX7, but seemed a little too much bite, which in turn caused more fatigue, though the difference was ever so slight.

But what really won me was the wide sweet spot of the FPX7. It sounded clear, accurate and cohesive on-and-off axis, side to side, up and down. I had to dart around a little for the R65 and could hear it shift and skew in comparison to the FPX7s.
Since I set them up, the FPX7s haven't had to be adjusted or repositioned because they're so forgiving with placement.

The auto-mute function works well. Even when unmuted, the monitor is almost noiseless up to less than 10cm away.

These run loud. FoH mixes are up to 105dB-A peak slow for some conferences. These match that.

Definitely keen on the sub soon, since some systems I mix go down to 30Hz.

Very happy customer, would definitely recommend.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Fluid Audio FPX7
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search