The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Rupert Neve Designs Shelford Channel

5 5 out of 5, based on 1 Review

Magic and mojo by the bucketload

20th March 2018

Rupert Neve Designs Shelford Channel by Dayo

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 5

We do voiceovers. Built my first home studio in 1989. Since then I've been chasing tone. Been close to the goal on a few occasions and been through loads extremely high end mics and pre's, compressors and EQ's. Been close to my dream but never a cigar.

Enter Shelford.

From the very first moment I used the Shelford with a Klaus Heyne U87, then I knew it was time to call off the search.

Honestly, you'd struggle to make this thing sound bad. Tweak the EQ or compression and it's just different shades of wonderful.

The sound is deep, opulent, smooth and expensive. High end like honey, bass like thunder and crystal clear mids. It's almost insane how magical this box is. You feel it when you're tracking, you grin on playback and you beam on mix down.

Some pre-amps seem to fight you. A Neve Shelford channel does the opposite. You just know it when you hear it. Truly sublime tone.

Yes, it's that good. And worth every single penny. Desert island piece. Done, dusted. Move on.

Last edited by Dayo; 20th March 2018 at 04:11 PM..

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Rupert Neve Designs Shelford Channel
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search