The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
CAD Audio D90

CAD Audio D90

5 5 out of 5, based on 1 Review

CAD Audio "CadLive" D90 Super-cardioid Mikes.

20th March 2018

CAD Audio D90 by Wiley Purchase

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 5
CAD Audio D90

I have a pair of Cad 217 condensers that I use for drum mikes recording combos. I got them on a stupid deal of the day from MF for crazy cheap. They work great and after a year seem to be solid. I had seen a review of Cad's new CadLive line of mikes in Live Sound International and both the D89 and D90 got good marks and when the D90 showed up on MF's stupid deal at less than half price I bought two.

This line is N/Dym based like Shure's Betas. I've been using a Beta 58 and an EV457 for my own vocals for twenty years. The D90 is easily comparable to the Beta 58 but for one thing - there is no noticeable bass boost when you get close up like almost all Shures. The D90 does have that little high end crisp that N/Dyms have that makes your vocals stand out. The supercardioid pattern gets you good gain before feedback.

The mike is built like a brick outhouse and comes with a nice clip that has a wing nut tightener. Plus it comes with a plastic case with foam for those who need to preserve their gear like it never gets used.

I would not hesitate to buy one at regular street price of $90. At less than half that it would be stupid not to. Two thumbs up.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... CAD Audio D90
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search