The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
AKG K52

AKG K52

4.35 4.35 out of 5, based on 1 Review

Very low-cost headphones for tracking. Sound quality not up to the task for mixing.

19th March 2018

AKG K52 by ZendoBrendo

• Sound Quality 3 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features N/A
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 3.25
AKG K52

I bought these for $29 on ebay. Was hoping to use for 2 purposes: 1. For tracking vocals or mic'd instruments and 2. For listening to music on my commute.

For tracking, they do the job just fine - I can hear my click or backing track and it doesn't bleed into the mic unless I'm really blasting it. So, they do what they were made to do.

For my intended use #2 , these did not live up to my hope for a clear sounding closed back headphone that blocks outside sounds from getting in. I know, they're cheap and not made for that purpose, but I was hopeful because I LOVE the sound of my AKG K240 open back headphones, so I thought I might get lucky. The sound quality is not as good as the K240s, less crisp highs and overall a little muddier. While they do their job of not letting too much sound bleed out, they do not keep outside sounds out. In fact, riding a bike in windy weather, the wind sound is actually made worse as it hits the outside of the phones. Oh well, back to earbuds until my next experimental purchase.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... AKG K52
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search