The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tsumbay TS-BH17

Tsumbay TS-BH17

2.75 2.75 out of 5, based on 1 Review

Bearable but not pleasing

9th February 2018

Tsumbay TS-BH17 by amir30213

• Sound Quality 2 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 3 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 1 out of 5
  • Overall: 2.75
Tsumbay TS-BH17

I am reviewing the Tsumbay TS-BH17. This is not a studio headphone by the way. This is a consumer grade headphone. Keep that in mind.

I was given this headphone for free. While I do appreciate the kindness, I have to be honest about them because that is what was asked of me. I have a strong dislike for the BH17 due to the sound mostly. As usual, I will go through the categories of build quality, comfort and isolation, features and sound. I feel that you all can make your own opinions as far as how the headphone appeals to you aesthetically.

The build quality of the headphone is not too bad. Tsumbay offers the headphone for $40 on their site. It doesn't feel like I can destroy these too easily unless I do something like sit on them hard or step on them. They do feel a little bit cheaper than $40 to me though. This cheaper and flimsier feel may have been necessary as far as making the headphone portable enough though. The headphone folds up about as well as the Sony 7506 headphone and that headphone is $100.

As far as the comfort goes, I find this headphone a bit bothersome. I doubt I can wear them for a long period of time. The ear pads feel soft but cheap. The BH17 has a loose kind of a fit. The isolation it has is not very much at all but it has a small amount of it. I feel that the comfort needs a little work. They are bearable though. If it was $25, that would be different but these are $40. They should be more comfortable than how they feel now.

The features this headphone has is probably the best area that this headphone has to offer. It is Bluetooth, has a built-in mic...somewhere...I have yet to find it, it has a bass on/off button that can be used if you want more bass in your music, an aux in port so you can use the headphone even without Bluetooth, a volume switch, and a USB port to charge it. I did not test this headphone enough to actually give an accurate claim of what they say about the battery life due to it being both uncomfortable and annoying to listen to. I can't even make it through an hour of listening through these headphones.

Alright...now on to the sound. It's sad but I absolutely despise the sound of this headphone. It attempts to be a powerful bassy headphone when it isn't. I have heard worse but it is still bad. The BH17 overall sounds boxy and honky and I feel like when I am listening to music through this headphone, it sounds as if everything was recorded through a shell or something. The bass button doesn't make the sound any better either. I didn't expect it to. This headphone tends to also mask some of the less important instruments in a track and muddy things up. If you are a treble lover, you will hate this headphone for sure. You can forget hearing any nice detail in the treble. These headphones are bearable but not pleasing in sound. It is quite amazing that Tsumbay sent me ear buds and the ear buds sound far better than this headphone. Guess what though? They are only $26 on their site!

Overall, I am not pleased with this headphone at all. For $25, this may be justifiable. They wont be good but their flaws will be justifiable for the price. For $40 though? You are much better off adding $10 to that and getting the Archeer AH07 and you will get the same great features with much better sound quality.

If you still want to go with this headphone though, then get it off amazon and get it for $26 instead of paying $40 for them.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Tsumbay TS-BH17
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search