The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Marshall Code 50 Marshall

Marshall Code 50

4.5 4.5 out of 5, based on 2 Reviews

100 amps into 1 amp

2 weeks ago

Marshall Code 50 by CJ Mastering

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.5

I have been playing through this amp for the past 3 months and now i have a good idea of how it matches up to other amps i played through. I have the 50w code with a 12" speaker, and they also come in 25w and 100w. The price i paid for it was $249.00 and i bought the foot pedal for an additional $60.

What i love about this amp is that it has all the sounds form all of the great marshal amps that were previously made and it also has modulation, delay and reverb effects and also a built in tuner as well. So for a fraction of what it would have cost me, i can get all the marshal sounds i grew up loving in this one combo amp.

It also comes with a smart phone/tablet/PC app that can control the effects and patches. Its pretty cool to use.

It just a great all in one combo amp. if you love the vintage marshal sounds, (the crunch and clean ones), you'll love this amp.

CJ Jacobson
Online Audio Mastering Studio - Award Winning Mixing and Mastering

Last edited by CJ Mastering; 2 weeks ago at 07:01 PM..

2 weeks ago

Marshall Code 50 by jonljacobi

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 4 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.5

I almost took this back it sounded so bad out of the box. As a matter of fact it was re-reading a review that said the presets sucked but the amp was great that had me take it out of the box a second time. Some tweaking of one preset and I was in love. Best practice amp ever.

Now I use this amp almost entirely for practice. I haven't done much else with it, but I get the most Marshall-like tone out of it at low volume that I've ever heard. I have recorded direct a couple of times, but I wouldn't say that's its forte. Especially since its limited to 48kHz. I record mostly at 88.2 or 96. I actually like it stand-off mic'd far better and will be doing more with that.

Downsides besides that 48kHz thing. Bluetooth doesn't seem to work when the USB is plugged in, and the BT in general is a little wonky. For live, maybe not (I don't really know), but you won't find a better bedroom amp anywhere.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Marshall Code 50 Marshall
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search