The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Korg Collection

Korg Legacy Collection

3.75 3.75 out of 5, based on 2 Reviews

Korg bundle with all their pluggins

4 weeks ago

Korg Legacy Collection by bace

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 1 out of 5
  • Features 2 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 4 out of 5
  • Overall: 2.75
Korg Collection

Some of this pluggins are very old as plugins emulating even older synths from korg by korg. Very nice instruments even if they are more or less the same as the plugins released many many years ago. And being a customer is not that easy. First time I bought this product I got a syncrosoft dongle with it. (Same as cubase) However they skipped the dongle, but they did not have any upgrade path from the dongle. I think there some way if you had the receipt, the serial from dongle was not enough. So I bought it again. Not a big deal, it was on sale. And now I saw the arp oddecy so I wanted to upgrade. But there was no update from anything else than the all bundle to the new bundle. Not a big deal there was a discount since they move their servers.

And now was trying to install it. I updated some and that went OK i believed. So installed the newly bought ARP but it failed. It refused
since Im not up 10.10. Bummer. And when I was about to start the daw with and use the updated cubase blacklist their updated version. I guess it requires 10.10 too, but they did not do check on the installation. Ok they are not that good I realised.

And now what's piss me off, they dont have the old installers on-line accessible. Actually the only access is links sent on the order. Im quite sure that I dont have the latest version that works available but I think there is a version somewhere on CD, but I doubt there is a 64-bit version there. <deleted by mod>

Last edited by diogo_c; 3 weeks ago at 03:13 PM.. Reason: See FAQ/Forum Rules - Item #8.

4 weeks ago

Korg Legacy Collection by Bendi64

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.75
Korg Collection

In the previous report there is a misunderstanding.

base wrote:

And now what's piss me off, they dont have the old installers on-line accessible.

This is not true: there is a link for old installers on the INDEX

If you want to use the installers of the previous line-up, please click here.

INDEX

My opinion:

The Korg Collection - and the Legacy Collection - is the very-very good bundle. The migration, download and installation went smoothly, there was no problem.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Korg Collection
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search