The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
ProReplicas 1176 Rev. A

ProReplicas 1176 Rev. A

5 5 out of 5, based on 1 Review

Amazing vintage 1176 replica for a great price.

1 week ago

ProReplicas 1176 Rev. A by JSchlomo

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 5
ProReplicas 1176 Rev. A

I've never used an original bluestripe Rev. A 1176, I never even saw one other than on pictures. But I have used many Rev. E and D and Rev. G 1176s over the years and think I have understood what makes the Rev. A so special and so well loved for vocals especially.

The ProReplicas is beautifully crafted, looks amazing and sounds so, too. It's a real 1176. If you can find the original transformers Robert will put them in for you, I went with the Ed Anderson recreations and am very happy.

Robert himself is a very very nice guy and delivers on time. The price he calls for his products is ridiculous given the craftmansship: He is not building clones with Chinese parts and some brand transformers, he is recreating the original in every possible aspect.

I believe everyone needs at least one good HW compressor for tracking or the money track in the mix. The ProReplicas 1176 sounds like a million bucks. Punch, vibe and midrange density for ages. Mine lives on the lead vocal buss since I got it a year ago. I have also used it on bass, snares and guitars. It made everything shine.

The noise floor is not problematic, many people ask that. Due to being true to the original schematic it's higher than on more modern 1176s, but far from being an issue.

I need another one!

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... ProReplicas 1176 Rev. A
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search