The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Klark Teknik EQP-KT

Klark Teknik EQP-KT

5 5 out of 5, based on 2 Reviews

Fantastic EQs at a fantastic price.

5th January 2018

Klark Teknik EQP-KT by Rob Coates

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 5
Klark Teknik EQP-KT

I was very skeptical that these EQs would be any good for $300. Boy was I wrong. Initial impression was that these were very well built, look great, and were ready to go right out of the box. Contrast that to my experience a year or so ago buying two of the WARM audio Pultec clones. When I first got the WARM EQs, the knobs were haphazardly screwed on the shafts and were all over the place. Some were out of round. It took me an hour to reposition all of the knobs to match. Then the sound of the WARMs: kind of flat and boxy sounding compared to real Pultecs like my friend has in his studio. Sold them with no regrets. I half expected the KT EQPs to sound the same or worse. Surprise, they sound a bit better! So to sum up...these are fantastic sounding EQs that are well built, look great, and sound really good! When you consider that they are currently going for $300, one has to conclude that they are the gear deal of the decade!

6th January 2018

Klark Teknik EQP-KT by hardwarepimp

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 5
Klark Teknik EQP-KT

Now I have no idea what a real Pultec sounds like as I am a Dance Music guy that’s always used low end gear. I bought one of these on a whim, wanting something for my drum bus on my console. For this purpose it does a great job, but it really is so much more. I track through it, mix drums through it, and use it as a hardware fx unit inside cubase. I like do it so much that I just ordered a second one for mastering purposes

There isn’t much that doesn’t sound great through them. Build quality is spot on too.

Bang for buck? 10/10

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Klark Teknik EQP-KT
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search