The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Louder Than Liftoff Silver Bullet

4.85 4.85 out of 5, based on 3 Reviews

The secret weapon in our mastering rig!

12th December 2017

Louder Than Liftoff Silver Bullet by Big Impact Sound

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 4 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 4 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.5

The secret weapon in our mastering rig!

The Silver bullet is the magic box we have been looking for for years!

It adds ‘fairy dust’ to everything you send through it, it makes individual tracks, mixes and masters come to life and it is the perfect ‘dedigitization’ tool.
The combination of the two different preamps provides a wide range of colors, the EQ simply sounds stunning and the sound of the preamp is great.

The build quality is top notch, the feel of the knobs and buttons is great and the design is elegant.
The customer service from Louder than Liftoff is excellent.

We use the Silver bullet on every master and we can highly recommend this magic and versatile tool to everyone!

Last edited by Diogo C; 12th December 2017 at 03:15 PM.. Reason: URL removed. You can use the link on your forum signature but not on reviews unless it's relevant.

13th December 2017

Louder Than Liftoff Silver Bullet by b0se

• Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 5

'Silver Bullet' is an overused term in any industry or context. Manufacturers often spout their product as the magic item to change one's professional (or personal) life. I'm happy to report that Brad and Bill (Louder Than Liftoff) have actually accomplished it; the SB is a dream to use.

- Mojo (Neve and API) saturation circuits which you can dial in.
- Tight and Vintage modes (filters) which are invaluable
- Top notch bax EQ with different modes Sub/Bass and Presence/Air
- World class mic preamp (seriously)
- Great for increasing RMS

I'm quite lazy and often forget to run individual tracks through the SB and use it only during mastering on the mixbus, yet it can still completely transform a mix. I ran an EDM tune though it recently and the difference before and after was astounding. It's even better if you run each track through the SB (treating it like console I/O) as the coherence and spacial effect is cumulative.

You can really push the RMS of a mix via the SB. The way it handles transients is subtle but significant. The Tight (low pass with a bump) and Vintage (smoothen top end) modes are so useful.

The SB is the only bit of OTB gear I own, and I'm very thankful for it, as only a few years ago it would have taken multiple pieces of outboard to accomplish what this single box does. It's replaced multiple plugins on the mixbus.

Note: The Air EQ mode is fantastic for vocals. Try it when tracking.

Off the charts value for money. Congrats Brad & Bill!

P.S. If you look at the SB thread you'll see how much people love their units. Quite literally only good things ever said.

19th February 2018

Louder Than Liftoff Silver Bullet by Mootiv

• Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 5

This unit is AMAZING!

I'm a new gearslutz member, but not actually "new" into the music industry, and I've been working in several studios and with different gear... so I'm not impressed easyly by some new stuff coming out from companys that doesn't treat its product as "parents of its own babys"... but thats not the case of Brad and the people in Louder Than Liftoff .... and IMHO is one of this companys that really makes a difference in what gear should be.

I've been testing this unit for tracking, mixing and mastering through different instruments and genres... I'm used to work in a very wide range of genres, because i also run and teach in a music production college in Spain, so i have to be ready for every single new genre that comes out... (sometimes exhausting, most of the times so gratifying) and how to produce it, mix it or master.

And after several tests i just can say that the SB is one of this pieces you should consider seriously taking into your rack, despite if you're in ITB or OTB... In a world full of digital precise options, mojo is the key to get into the "sounding like a record" paradise, and this beast can definitely play in the "a little goes a long way" and the "broad stroke will still sound great" league...

I already have a bunch of gear that I'm very happy with, VCA, FET, tube, opto, pultec and BAX stuff, but sometimes I wanted a different approach, so I ordered the SB to widen the Colour Palette I already had.... and I can testify that this unit can impart a whole new world of tones out of it, and actually I found myself at the end just putting this beast in subtlely cascaded A>N or N>A in the 2Bus Master Insert... made everything sound more "solid" and "tight", and the most important fact, all the other gear I had, worked much better, reaching what i wanted to do fast&easy, in a more natural, wide and 3Dimensional way... and that made me focus more on creative decisions and not so much in the correction neverending process....simply it sounds amazing on everything you put on it, and I'm mixing and mastering a lot of different genres, so just with a very intuitive dialing and gainstaging workflow, this unit can be from subtle to very colored, and impart that distinctive "expensive" sound of a high end console.

The unit shines the same attitude as its makers, people that do the things they do with passion and love, and that is what makes great gear become "magic".

So I've decided that the SB deserves a central place in my new studio setup... not as others... that hide the SB... because it has become their "Secret Weapon" and they don't want to show it... xD

Just wanted to congratulate the LTLO team, I feel I want to spread the word supporting this very promising company. Thumbs up!

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Louder Than Liftoff Silver Bullet
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search