The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Louder Than Liftoff Silver Bullet

4.75 4.75 out of 5, based on 2 Reviews

The secret weapon in our mastering rig!

12th December 2017

Louder Than Liftoff Silver Bullet by Big Impact Sound

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 4 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 4 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.5

The secret weapon in our mastering rig!

The Silver bullet is the magic box we have been looking for for years!

It adds ‘fairy dust’ to everything you send through it, it makes individual tracks, mixes and masters come to life and it is the perfect ‘dedigitization’ tool.
The combination of the two different preamps provides a wide range of colors, the EQ simply sounds stunning and the sound of the preamp is great.

The build quality is top notch, the feel of the knobs and buttons is great and the design is elegant.
The customer service from Louder than Liftoff is excellent.

We use the Silver bullet on every master and we can highly recommend this magic and versatile tool to everyone!

Last edited by diogo_c; 12th December 2017 at 03:15 PM.. Reason: URL removed. You can use the link on your forum signature but not on reviews unless it's relevant.

13th December 2017

Louder Than Liftoff Silver Bullet by b0se

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 5

'Silver Bullet' is an overused term in any industry or context. Manufacturers often spout their product as the magic item to change one's professional (or personal) life. I'm happy to report that Brad and Bill (Louder Than Liftoff) have actually accomplished it; the SB is a dream to use.

- Mojo (Neve and API) saturation circuits which you can dial in.
- Tight and Vintage modes (filters) which are invaluable
- Top notch bax EQ with different modes Sub/Bass and Presence/Air
- World class mic preamp (seriously)
- Great for increasing RMS

I'm quite lazy and often forget to run individual tracks through the SB and use it only during mastering on the mixbus, yet it can still completely transform a mix. I ran an EDM tune though it recently and the difference before and after was astounding. It's even better if you run each track through the SB (treating it like console I/O) as the coherence and spacial effect is cumulative.

You can really push the RMS of a mix via the SB. The way it handles transients is subtle but significant. The Tight (low pass with a bump) and Vintage (smoothen top end) modes are so useful.

The SB is the only bit of OTB gear I own, and I'm very thankful for it, as only a few years ago it would have taken multiple pieces of outboard to accomplish what this single box does. It's replaced multiple plugins on the mixbus.

Note: The Air EQ mode is fantastic for vocals. Try it when tracking.

Off the charts value for money. Congrats Brad & Bill!

P.S. If you look at the SB thread you'll see how much people love their units. Quite literally only good things ever said.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Louder Than Liftoff Silver Bullet
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search