The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
LVC-Audio T-Chain

LVC Audio T-Chain

5 5 out of 5, based on 1 Review

A true hidden gem of a mixing plugin

9th December 2017

LVC Audio T-Chain by jjpscott01

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 5
LVC-Audio T-Chain

LVC-Audio is one of those developers that has put out some fantastic software over the years and yet still manages to stay somewhat under the radar. Having been a fan of some of their prior work on plugins like "Preamped" and "TonedPLUS", I was intrigued when I saw they were releasing a modular channel strip.

Just for the sake of reference, I own the excellent VMR by Slate Digital, all of the emulations by Waves, MCDSP's 6050 Ultimate, Soundtoys 5 bundle, and several others that do a lot of what T-Chain claims to do. LVC Audio has always been very modest with their pricing in general and this plugin is no exception. The actual T-Chain strip is free of charge and comes with a few modules to get you started and just learn its layout. The modules, which include preamp emulations, dynamics processors, EQ's, gates, etc can be purchased piece by piece and are all priced very competitively. The demo's for each module are included in the plugin itself so each can be tested thoroughly before you make a purchase.

Now all of this sounds great but none of it would matter if the quality of the modules themselves weren't up to par. Fortunately, this is where I think LVC Audio really shines. At this point I've purchased almost everything available within the rack because they simply sound fantastic. They all just ooze that analogue flavor that we still look for in the digital world and each one brings a unique color to the sound. On top of simply sounding excellent, it uses very little CPU which is great for those with modest recording setups. I really do hope LVC Audio keeps developing TChain with updates and new modules because I feel like they are on to something great here. As far as suggestions go, I'd love to have the option to change the interface color from the current orange and red scheme to something maybe more neutral and bright. It can sometimes appear a little dark. I'd also love to have some more creative effect modules to use inside of TChain.

I wish I had the time to review each individual module themselves but nothing I can tell you would give you more insight than downloading TChain and Demo-ing them yourself on source material. I think you'll find it an excellent sounding Channel Strip plugin at a cost that's hard to argue with.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... LVC-Audio T-Chain
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search