The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Maat Digital RSPhaseShifter

4.5 4.5 out of 5, based on 1 Review

Secret weapon for drums

3 weeks ago

Maat Digital RSPhaseShifter by auralart

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 3 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.5

Maybe I shouldn't tell anyone about this plugin because it has become a secret weapon for making my drums sound amazing. I use much less EQ to get the sound I want which is great because it keeps my drums sounding organic, full and punchy at the same time.

However, there is a bit of a learning curve and maybe MAAT Digital can release a few videos on youtube going into a more in-depth explanation on how everything works.

When you first load it up, it can be confusing as to what you need to do. But if you know a little bit about how phase works, then just slap this on drum tracks and start turning the knobs until you hear the magic (I would recommend starting with kick and or snare).

It goes without saying that this also works on any other tracks which use multiple mics (bass, guitar, etc.) as well.

Anyway, I don't want to keep rambling on but this is a utility plugin that every serious engineer should have in their tool box. Instead of dropping a bunch of money on some EQ or compression plugin, try this instead.

Suppose I should mention that I am a full time engineer with a few platinum records to my name and have worked on many songs that have made it to the Billboard charts.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Maat Digital RSPhaseShifter
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search