The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Sonic Farm Tantra

Sonic Farm MAS Tantra

4.65 4.65 out of 5, based on 2 Reviews

This should go in multiple categories. The Tantra is a pentode tube bass pre-amp but it also has the option of a power amp that can be used to drive your cabinet. Very cool!

3 weeks ago

Sonic Farm MAS Tantra by bfish

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 4 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.75
Sonic Farm Tantra

I have been using the Tantra on the last 4 projects that I've worked on now. I'm getting the best bass sounds I've ever recorded. It is great on it's own, with both a DI or a Line level output, but I usually blend it with the mic sounds to get full, THICK, rich, bass sounds. The user can control all sorts of parameters. There is a triode and a pentode tube mode. My favourite part about it though is that the frequencies that you choose to send to the overdrive tube circuit are selectable, so that you can send miss or highs and not break up the low frequencies and lose all the bottom end. There is a selectable eq and a very non-intrusive compressor built in. I haven't done this, but there is also the option of having this unit be an amplifier.
I love this, my only complaint is that it is a little hard to get used to all the features. Read the manual and spend some time with it, I am getting the best bass sounds that I have ever recorded, so it's worth the learning curve!

2 weeks ago

Sonic Farm MAS Tantra by Dpon

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 3 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.5
Sonic Farm Tantra

The Tantra blew my mind. Used it over the course of a weekend for a hard rock band it the bass tones coming out of this thing blew not only my mind but my clients. The harmonic feature is amazing. Play with those to get a Moog synth sound. Favourite feature by far, however, was the HPF option with the over drive. Leaving the bottom end full and without dirt but having that sweet fuzz on the top end. Sonic Farm have done it again. Outstanding job guys.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Sonic Farm Tantra
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search