The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Dynaudio LYD-7

Dynaudio LYD-7

4.75 4.75 out of 5, based on 1 Review

Dynaudio's new Nearfield Monitors. An accurate and affordable workhorse.

12th October 2017

Dynaudio LYD-7 by Hoeger

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.75
Dynaudio LYD-7

Features and Design
the Lyd Series is offered in black or white. The design is plain and clean but very elegant and chic, reminding me of many other scandinavian products. Much more appealing than the previous BM series.
Features and settings are few but well thought and laid out.
Bass extension, a tilt sound balance filter as well as a wall filter can be used to shape and adjust to environment and taste.

Sound
This is where the LYD really shines. I was able to compare these to the BM mk2 and mk3 series, Neumann KH series, Adam AX and a several high end hifi Systems in the well above 10k€ range in acoustically great mixing and listening rooms.

And the LYDs already impressed me on a first listen. They're nothing like the BMs, what many seem to rate as a step down, but the LYDs are a lot! cleaner in every respect. Bass representation is very clean and fast. A lot of other Monitors in this price range have their own distinctive sound, coloring and enhancing the source making every low end sound good but the same. These do not.
Mids are really clean as well, nothing much to say. I was surprised that these could easily surpass the KH120 or A7Xs and keep up with that huge Aurum Vulkan 8 Speakers (which are designed by the man who also did the Adam AXs) in natural detail and transient accuracy.
The tweeters on these are on kind of soft, but really great. Even higher priced competitors like the Neumanns seem to glare the highs with some wiry distortion, which is a common thing i do find annoying in a lot of metal based tweeters.
Dynaudio uses soft dome tweeters which do a great job in this respect, and are easy to listen on for hours. Something many others would perceive and rate as "boring" since a clean and accurate playback doesn't make a people scream and dance but great productions and mixes do translate perfect and do sound incredible here.
Depth of rooms and stereo image can easily be heard, ratet and understood.

Considering their price I am shocked to say that these might line up to the best nearfields i have heard in my rooms, which cost x-times more!
Their character may not fit everyones taste, but technically and to my irrelevant but fairly trained ears these can be considered as flat, clean and precise as hell and do make a great tool for professionals and music lovers.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Dynaudio LYD-7
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search