The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Genelec 6010A

Genelec 6010A

3.5 3.5 out of 5, based on 1 Review

Genelec 6010a is small studio monitors with rca connection If you want to have small active studio monitors the genelec 6010 a is certainly not the worst speaker you can get. bass and stereo image way above there size

11th October 2017

Genelec 6010A by gasolin

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 4 out of 5
  • Features 2 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 4 out of 5
  • Overall: 3.5
Genelec 6010A

They almost sound as good as they are sexy. Need to raise them since they are to low on my desk

There are generally 3 different sound characteristics, hifi, studio monitors and pa, sound good, analytic honest (often loud punchy sound do to bi amping) and than we want loud and punchy.

It's studio monitors with a surprisingly top that is fare from loud and agressive up to medium loud levels, above 80 db no problems(balance can't be all perfect at HIGH levels since it's still only a 3" woofer),nice midrange, i feel it's slightly focused that makes it more easy to hear, bass, i once heard a danish speaker (not dali and jamo) with a 5" woofer, it wasn't more powerfull than the genelec's, the bass is for there size out of this world, i can't belive the bass is that good, i once do to 3x24" monitors had boston a23's (also 3" woofer),rated at 80hz they couldn't play loud before distortion, no bass, they where best as rear speakers in a surround system. I have never heard such good bass from such small speaker, for crying out loud many speakers have midrange bigger than the whole speaker, they do need to be raised to avoid reflections from my desk, eq is all set to off.

Although bass is for there size really good, it's not hard to find studio monitors with more and deeper bass

Stereo image i think it's called, is very wide, surprised me alot

If you don't mind the lmited bass (hz) and max spl (both generally and in the bass) and need, want to have small active speaker the genelec 6010 a is certainly not the worst speaker you can get.

Did i mention they look sexy in white? Properly the best WAF of all speakers (but it has to be in white, not shure why image is of the grey models)

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Genelec 6010A
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search