The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Arturia Mini V

Arturia Mini V

4.5 4.5 out of 5, based on 1 Review

I used this in a music class.

1 week ago

Arturia Mini V by Music Bird

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 4 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.5
Arturia Mini V

This can sound almost like the real Minimoog. It can do the bass, Duke leads, flutes, instrument emulations, and quack leads. It can sound great, and the polyphony is an awesome addition to it. There are several good presets (from my perspective, of 60's, 70's and 80's synth music) that can be tweaked. There is even a decent ELP and Yes patch here or there, I recommend this to those producing 70's style prog rock, 80s funk, dub reggae for the bass (that Square wave can be nasty, especially with low cutoff), jazz fusion (Snarky Puppy use several vintage Moogs which this will imitate well, they also use the Voyager), electronic music (good for techno saw basses), pop (it has great bass), reggae (the reso bass), cover bands who use laptops, Pink Floyd tributes (it can do Welcome To The Machine, Wish You Were Here, and more), Gary Numan tributes (he used the Minimoog through various distortion effects, it's good for you if you can't afford a Little Phatty), and space age synth bands. I also recommend it to synth pop and Asian pop musicians.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ...
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search