The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tannoy Reveal 502

Tannoy Reveal 502

3.5 3.5 out of 5, based on 1 Review

these are my first pair of studio monitors... I've had them for about 5 or 6 years now, and they still make music so enjoyable and (get ready to cringe) LUSH. Incredibly FORGIVING speakers... with what (to my ears) is a slightly dipped upper-midrange (say 2.5k...around the tweeter crossover)...

6th September 2017

Tannoy Reveal 502 by thnkvoid

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 2 out of 5
  • Features 3 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 3.5
Tannoy Reveal 502

these are my first pair of studio monitors... I've had them for about 5 or 6 years now, and they still make music so enjoyable and (get ready to cringe) LUSH. Incredibly FORGIVING speakers... with what (to my ears) is a slightly dipped upper-midrange (say 2.5k...around the tweeter crossover)...you can listen for weeks without tiring. BUT...unless you have spent as much time as I have with them, your mixes will be all over the place, in my case way too much bass and super harsh highs when played anywhere else...But i love them(and use a crappy pair of radio shack speakers via one of my headphone outs as a second ref). So, yeah... Good music sounds GREAT on these, and bad music sounds GREAT on these. Yeah. Tannoy Reveals are great to help you or your Local Rapper get Excited about what you are working on... but not to mix with as your only speakers.

EDIT: oh yeah they have way too much self-noise...a well-documented design flaw... i didn't mention it originally because it has been said over and over by others. it makes me want to buy some yamahas or something. I have recently added the Hs8s to the Tannoys, and having 100hz and below cut out of them by the crossover really helps them become a more legit speaker for mixing... twas uber hyped down there.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ...
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search