The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Fender 68 Vibrolux Reissue

Fender '68 Custom Vibrolux Reverb 35-watt 2x10" Tube Combo Amp

5 5 out of 5, based on 1 Review

Excellent Amp!!

3 weeks ago

Fender '68 Custom Vibrolux Reverb 35-watt 2x10" Tube Combo Amp by Sonsrock

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 5
Fender 68 Vibrolux Reissue

This is my first time to offer up a review for a piece of music equipment after reading quite a few reviews on the Fender Vibrolux 68 Reissue. First, I have to say I had been considering a Fender or a Vox AC30 for a while after years of playing harder edged rock through a Mesa Boogie combo. When I first started to look at this amp the very first reviews I read talked about how noisy it was with a loud hiss, Reverb hum and issues with the Vibrato clicking etc which almost pushed me away from this amazing amp!

Luckily I have several friends who are top notch pro players and bonafide tone junky's who told me just to play the damned amp and make my own decision. As a regular performer gigging every weekend I wanted something that could cover all styles from Top 40 to blues, to country, to folk, rock and roll and some harder edged rock on occasion that didn't weigh 75 to 100 lbs. Not only did the 68 Vibrolux fit the bill, I have to say that after 9 days owning this amp and 3 gigs under my belt I can't stop playing it.

After I brought the amp home I compared to my buddy's Delux Reverb Black Face and a 67 Twin and set it to get some of the nuances and beef of the Twin and clarity of the DR. While the twin has all that power and the 2/12 speakers giving it that beefy tone adding a little more bass on the Vibrolux actually gave it a similar beef and gristle! I am loving the sound I am getting and haven't even broken the speakers in yet. My advise is if you gig a lot and you need a versatile amp that isn't the size of a refrigerator to cover a wide range of styles at medium and even larger venues this amp can handle it. Mine has no hiss, no reverb or vibrato issues and with the 2/10s speakers the break up is perfect.

One note: The Rev/Vib pedal is cheap and you may have to pull the connector a part and add insulation to keep if from grounding but that was the only issue I have had. Now its all about how it holds up to regular gigging every weekend. I'll post something in a year or so if it holds up well.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ...
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search