The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Barefoot Sound Footprint01 - Pair

4.65 4.65 out of 5, based on 1 Review

Barefoot Sound’s new Footprint line of powered nearfield monitors delivers the company’s uncompromising audio performance and build quality to engineers, producers, composers and musicians working in smaller spaces and with smaller budgets.

24th August 2017

Barefoot Sound Footprint01 - Pair by polybonk

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features N/A
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 3.5

Just tested them in the mastering studio and they were pretty decent for the price. Very scooped in the mids and they tidy up the top end and add transients on smeared material. Not transparent but accurate enough for the $

They remind me of a good club system shrunk down to micro size.

Interestingly they sounded good on modern pop/EDM etc but they needed quite a bit of space - midfield distance in the treated room. Rock and classical, anything with less transients/dynamics sounded flat, harsh and not that inspired.

However and much to my surprise....

Inside a non treated bedroom up near the wall as nearfields they really really worked well! Scooped sound disappeared and the image and full range was fantastic sitting around 1m from them!

They have shot to the top of my recommend list for bedroom electronic music producers. They really work well in a small space. Better than anything else i have tried over the years. The only issue being that they produce so much SPL at low freq that the 20hz stuff will be heard out on the street. Not for thin walls!

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ...
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search