The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Archeer A225

Archeer A225

4.25 4.25 out of 5, based on 1 Review

Bluetooth Speakers

26th April 2017

Archeer A225 by amir30213

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 4 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 4 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.25
Archeer A225

So I have another review of a product from Archeer and this review is on the A225 speaker. This speaker is about $40 on amazon. In short, I think it definitely lives up to that price. I might even jump as far to say I'd pay $50-60 for this speaker. I think it is impressive.

One thing I wish is that a manual was included. Even though it isn't that hard to figure out this speaker, it still would be nice to have. It took me a minute to find the volume knob. I thought it was touch activated when it was an actual wheel thing on the top of the speaker you turn either clockwise or counter clock wise to turn the speaker up or down in volume.

This speaker is both Bluetooth activated and can be used with a wire as well. Very convenient. The speaker is loud enough to satisfy most. You can Bluetooth it right to your phone and have a conversation with someone using a Bluetooth headset and hear them right through the speaker. Orrr you can simply just use it for music or watching movies and shows. Your choice. I like it for the ladder options.

As for the sound, I like what it has to offer. It has a very mid forward sound to it although, it isn't what I would call very honky like the Archeer AH07 headphones I last reviewed. It just has a lot of body. Vocals come REALLY REALLY forward to where sometimes the vocal overpowers everything too much. It brings other instruments forward as well. Mainly, it brings vocals, guitars and anything that sounds important to the track forward and gives the important tracks body. The issue with that is sometimes it can cover up the smaller details of a track. I can hear what is going on in the back of a track but just not quite as much I would like.

This speaker promises a lot of bass and I can't say that it has a ton but it has a surprising amount of it for a small speaker. As expected, you get some bass roll off. The thing is if you have a song that isn't swimming in very deep bass and 808 sounds, it will probably sound good. If the song has lots of deep bass and 808 sounds like with trap music for instance, it will probably disappoint you if you are a true bass head. I think that it holds it's own weight in the bass for a little speaker though.

The highs are okay but not impressive. That isn't to say the highs sound bad overall but if a song is fairly treble heavy, the treble will sound kind of messy and washy. On a song that isn't too treble heavy, you don't have to worry about this. So what am I saying? Don't listen to Heavy Metal, Punk Rock or any other treble heavy tracks with this speaker. It will probably annoy you. You may want to listen to less treble heavy tracks and tracks that have bass that doesn't extend really deep. This speaker isn't one of those speakers that sound good with everything you play on it. Think about your music preference before you buy this.

I will say that I am actually impressed at what this small speaker is capable of though. I like it a lot. It fits most of my music preferences. I do wish that I could listen to more rock songs on this thing without it sounding annoying but for the price, you really can't complain about this speaker and it's capabilities.

Yes, I would buy it. Yes, it is worth it. This speaker is not meant for blasting and having a party but it is more for when you are doing something like working out or washing dishes and just want something to listen to while you are doing something. It serves me well for that purpose.

Here is the link if you want to get this yourself or just want to check it out.

http://amzn.to/2nLJNmH

Thanks for reading!

- Amir

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Archeer A225
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search