The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Archeer AH07

Archeer AH07

3.8 3.8 out of 5, based on 5 Reviews

Bluetooth Wireless Headphones

25th April 2017

Archeer AH07 by amir30213

• Sound Quality 2 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 2 out of 5
  • Overall: 3.5
Archeer AH07

This is my review of the Archeer AH07 headphone. This headphone is about $50-60. When I review something I always keep the price point in mind so I can give it a fair review. In short, the question is...does this headphone DESERVE it's price point or not? If not, does it deserve a lower or higher price point?

First off, lets talk about what this headphone was intended for and what it promises. This headphone was intended for gaming, reading and relaxing. Therefore, you can't expect that this headphone will give you the most amazing sound in the world because that is not the intention of it. It is NOT for the studio. However, just because it isn't intended for the studio does not mean that the sound should be crap. Lets be clear on that.

The features of this headphone are quite useful. It can be connected both by a wire and by wireless connection using Bluetooth which is quite convenient especially when you are exercising and don't want to worry about cable hassle. Usb charger for this headphone is included for this feature. However, when you want to save power, you can simply use the audio cable that was provided with the headphone. You can also use this headphone for talking on the phone, skype and other web cam applications and it has volume controls right on the headphone. They give you choices and for that, I give this headphone a perfect on features.

Comfort is a different story. That isn't to say that the comfort is horrible. It's okay. It is one of those headphones you put on and say "Ehhh...I can deal with it I guess". It doesn't have a tight grip on the ears and it actually feels looser than you would expect. At the same time though, it isn't too loose. My issue with the comfort comes more from the ear pads. I feel they are too small. I would rather it be big enough to be around your ears as opposed to it being an "on the ear" type headphone.

Build quality on this headphone is actually pretty good. It doesn't feel like something that is unbreakable but it doesn't feel quite as flimsy as some other headphones around and above it's price range. For example, my Sony 7506 headphones have worse build quality than the AH07 although they cost double the price. The Sony's are made from plastic and have the headphone wires hanging out of it which is really bad. These don't have any wires hanging out of them and the headband is made of metal. The part of the headband that is around your head has comfortable padding on it. These things can also fold up which is nice. I do wish it came with a bag though. You can swivel these ear cups enough to get a good fit but they can't rotate around or be bent down and upwards too much.

Now lets get to the sound of these things. These things promise "Thumping Bass" and "Clear Highs". While you do get thumping bass, the bass is a little bit too hyped and messy. It bleeds into the other parts of the sound spectrum and it can be a little annoying depending on what you are listening to and how much bass that particular song has. On the right song, the bass can sound fun on these. On the wrong song, it can sound overpowering. Because this headphone can't produce bass the way more expensive headphones can, it tries to make up for that by having thump and shoving up the mids of the bass too much to obscure the fact that it is actually weak in the bass department. Is it good at obscuring that fact? Absolutely not.

The mids sound kind of honky and very forward. You can notice this on certain songs more than others. These headphones shove vocals, electric guitars, kicks, and snares right in your friggin ear. So overpowering and honky is how I would describe the mids and this probably plays a part in the bass as well. The less busy the song is, the better you will fair with these. The more busy the song is, the more noticeable this issue will be.

The highs sound nice I guess. Not piercing at all. The honkyness and forwardness of the mids overpower the highs to a ridiculous degree though.

The kind of sound I got from these is what I expected. Although these are certainly better than some of the Beat by Dre headphones I heard, these aren't what I would call good in the sound department. The sound is okay. I think these headphones should be about $30-40 rather than $50-60 and this is because the sound quality is slightly less than okay to me and on top of that the ear pads are too small for the ears which I can imagine being quite a problem for some people.

So in a nutshell

- Good for workout, chillin on the plane with. Casual usage.
Gaming? Maybe for portable gaming I guess such as Nintendo 3DS or PS Vita. Not good for playing something like an Xbox One or PS4 though.

* Forward and honky sounding

* It sounds okay with some genres and horrible in others. Less busy the song is, the better sounding it will be most likely

* Great features! Bluetooth, included audio cable, volume control on headphones, usb charger

* Even though the ear pads are fairly comfortable for me, the ear pads are too small which makes these headphones not for everyone in the comfort department.

Would I buy these? I probably would not being that I am very very picky about how my headphones sound being that I listen to many genres of music.

Do I think it is worth others buying? Yes. Especially if you own Beatz by Dre. If you own those, you need to send those back and get these instead. You will fair much better.

These are headphones meant for the average consumer, not audio geeks like me. For the average consumer, these are pretty good. Certainly better than a lot of other headphones in the average consumer area.

Here is the link to these headphones if you are interested.

http://amzn.to/2olA81T

- Amir

28th May 2017

Archeer AH07 by headcrush

• Sound Quality 3 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 4 out of 5
  • Overall: 4
Archeer AH07

Hey! This is my review of the Archeer AH07 headphone. This headphone is about $50-60, at least at the time. So, let's see:

Unboxing:
- The unboxing experience is very good, beautiful and simple.
- After I used the headphones I understood why the box is so simple and doesn't come with more things: This is focused to have a nice wireless connection, nice sound and premium look/feeling on the headphones it-self.

First impressions:
- The pads are very nice and soft
- Very nice that the headphones bend to get smaller
- The overall construction looks and feels premium, I would say it's impressive for this price-point
- The headphone extends very nicely, and it feels secure (not cheap)
- The cable fits in the right side of the headphone, which isn't common (not a problem I believe, at least for me)

Sound (Cable):
- It sounds very nice
- It's definitely not a studio headphone - I compared to my DTs 990 and it enhances some frequencies (normal / it makes listening to music more enjoyable)
- Has good amount of bass, not too much, not too little
- I consider it as headphones to enjoy music (not to produce music), watching movies and that type of things.
- I think it has a frequency that is kinda muddy, like on the lower mids / mids
- It doesn't have a lot of treble, could have a little bit more, just a little (you can adjust it with some EQ app on your phone or PC)

Sound (Wireless):
- I don't find any difference between cable and wireless sound.

Wireless:
- Super simple and easy, VERY GOOD!
- It does work at 10 meters way from the phone / PC.
- Never disconnected for some random reason.

Comfort:
- The pads could be more large, my ear doesn't feet in the pad very well, but its not a big deal.
- It hurts a little bit after using for a long time because of the pad size. It keeps pressing on the ear. Maybe they did it so the noise canceling is even better... (to be honest I don't remember having closed headphones that didn't hurt after hours )

Noise canceling:
- Nice and normal, not disturbing (sometimes it's too much on some headphones).

Battery:
- I didn't used it till the 14h but had no trouble using it for 10h+.

Gaming:
- I play sometimes CS:GO and tested it on the game. Yes, you can definitely use it to game, you are able to listen from where the steps are coming.

User manual:
- English, simple and straight to the point.

I really like them and will use for referencing on some tracks, and for personal usage. For the price this are very good!

29th May 2017

Archeer AH07 by zarven kara

• Sound Quality 3 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 4 out of 5
  • Overall: 4
Archeer AH07

I recently received a pair of AH07's from a new audio manufacturer "Archeer" sent directly from the factory.

First impressions were actually very good and was somewhat surprised at the exterior. Everything about the packaging and design seemed to be equal to something in a much more expensive price range as they sell for around $50 US. Nothing overstated but quite sleek and stylish.

In use they were extremely comfortable and light weight. Its always hard to judge the comfort level of new headphones as the older they get the padding wears and isn't as nice and so they felt much softer than my ATH Pro 700's. Perhaps due to lack of use but never the less they stood up.

Sound. Well it wouldn't be fair to compare to studio quality headphones but I couldn't say that they were unusable. They did have an exaggerated top and bottom end which Archeer makes clear that they designed them this way and hence lends them to gaming applications. But I could see them being used as a fourth or fifth set in the studio as tracking if needs be, due to the hyped nature.

I did actually find them handy referencing mixes as a second opinion, as perhaps most consumers would be using something in this price range and sound scape and for that application I couldn't fault them and they definitely stack up to anything else in the price bracket.

8th June 2017

Archeer AH07 by SoundsByJB

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features N/A
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 3.5
Archeer AH07

Summery

Though the ARCHEER AH07 do not meet the sound requirements for a real audio professional, they are still a great bang for the buck for recreational use. With both wireless and wired connectivity, 14 hours music time, lag less audio playing, pretty impressive sound and integrated microphone these headphones make a great travel companion for a price (+/- $50) anyone can afford.

In detail

Design, package and fit

The unit has a chique design with its brushed metal sides, soft padding and has a pretty solid feel to it. It folds up to half its size for transportation. Too bad ARCHEER did not ship it with a simple transportation bag. A bag is no the only thing that was saved on, the box also contains no USB charger. Not the biggest of issues, any USB charger will do. The included audio wire, mini-jack on both sides, is about 1,5 meters. The cable is pretty thin, so a little caution is advised here.

Personally, I feel the headphones are pretty comfortable to wear and fully close my ears, already taking away lots of the environment sounds.

All in all pretty impressive build quality for the price.

Bluetooth in use

Connecting the unit to any Bluetooth source is a very simple task. A very positive surprise is that there is absolutely zero noticeable lag in the audio when I tried Youtube on a Motorola Moto X.

Audio quality

The Bluetooth connection uses Apt-X technology which allows for CD-quality audio. This is the best you will be getting with current Bluetooth audio devices. It's important to consider that when using Bluetooth it's futile to listen to any source with higher than CD quality due to the compression applied in the protocol.

I did some listening tests using a wired connection and compared the headphones to a pair of absolutely neutral studio headphones. It's obvious that the sound is colored to today's popular sound. The bass is heavy, on the edge of getting muddy sometimes, and the mid-highs a little aggressive. Having said that, overall the sound is awesome for anything in this price range and can easily compete with much more expensive popular consumer headphones.

One other good thing is the volume, these headphones can be driven up to 118dB. Something your ears definitely do not want, but with a more sturdy cable there is no issue using this headphone for DJ-ing purposes.

11th June 2017

Archeer AH07 by Bedlam Sound

• Sound Quality 2 out of 5
  • Ease of use 4 out of 5
  • Features 3 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 3 out of 5
  • Overall: 3
Archeer AH07

Just received the Archeer AH07 bluetooth headphones to review.

Styling:

Look great out of the box. Very comfortable to wear and a great silver/black livery.

Bluetooth set up:

Very easy to link to my phone via bluetooth. The instruction manual is clear and concise.

Sound Quality:

This is perhaps the downfall of the Archeer AH07's. Very bass heavy with not much clarity in the mid and high frequency ranges. I think they're fine for recreational use while getting about town or on holiday, but surely not clear enough for studio or commercial use.

Value for money:

At £40.99 they do appear to be very good value for money. Keep in mind the price range when audio quality is concerned, but for everyday general use, you cant really go wrong.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ...
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search