The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Stam Audio 1073MPA

Stam Audio 1073MPA

4.95 4.95 out of 5, based on 4 Reviews

Based on the Neve 1073, Stam Audio has delivered a beautiful sounding pre-amp for a fraction of the cost. The tube mic I tested through it sounds warm and rich but also clear and natural.

18th March 2017

Stam Audio 1073MPA by domhowardmusic

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.75
Stam Audio 1073MPA

I have been using my UAD Apollo for amping my microphones but with it only being a duo, and the 1073 software taking up so much processor power, I decided that I needed a good quality outboard pre-amp that would help take the load off the Apollo. Sometimes I will stereo pair things like acoustic guitar, so having a two-channel pre-amp was also important.

I ordered the 1073 from Josh (originally I had ordered an SA4000 but I was informed it would not be ready until much later in the year, and to be honest I probably will still get that as well!) and once payment was made, delivery was very fast.

If you're after quality outboard that won't break the bank I would highly recommend looking into Stam Audio.

3 weeks ago

Stam Audio 1073MPA by CeilingSounds

• Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 5
Stam Audio 1073MPA

The missing piece to my vocal chain puzzle! You will absolutely be satisfied with this pre amp. So far I've used it on vocals, electric and acoustic guitar, and bass. Sounds great with the input gain on a lower setting for a cleaner tone, and gets just as crunchy as you expect it to. Just sounds great. Got mine with the Sowter outputs. Up next for me is the SA4000!

3 weeks ago

Stam Audio 1073MPA by Sanlky

• Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
Stam Audio 1073MPA

I have been using this pre now for 2 weeks, with several recordings. I am really happy with the addition of the Stam 1073 to my pres Arsenal.

I havent used many 1073 style pres before, but i used several neve sounding pres and they were all so different, i cant say how close to an original 1073 it is, but it sound really great.

It has 2 selectable impedance(if i remember correctly 600 & 1200ohms) with the Hi Z switch, this really change how mics interacts with preamps, some mics i used sounded just fine without engaging the button, and others i felt like i got a bigger bottom end.

How i would describe them sounding? Crisp, Clear but no transparent, in Vocals its just amazing, but in general i got in my face sound without using any compressor. Tried it with Stams Sa2a with little compression, and i got a big, loud and clear vocal. Generally to achieve this using other pres, i have to use lots of EQ, some parallel distortion, this Pres, delivers me that sound right away.

Also you can play and dial more Gain and trim it down, you can get several tones from this Preamp. If i were to have a big studio, i would buy 3 2 channels rack to get 8 pres, but in my actual studio, 2 1073 pres are enough i may consider adding more later if i were recording drums.

Build Quality, Knobs and switch are top notch quality, it looks and sounds great.

3 weeks ago

Stam Audio 1073MPA by martin.gorosito

• Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
Stam Audio 1073MPA

I received my stam audio 1073 two weeks ago. Since then I have used this preamp recording guitars, drums (overheads, kick and snare) and voices geting incredible results. It's really amazing the versatility it has, achieving clear sound to a fully-character audio using different settings of gain and trim. This preamp has a very sweet hi end and a low end with a lot of depth.

The construction is really strong and great quality. My conclusion is that the stam audio1073 has more than professional audio quality, and a very well-done vintage character. And the price is really good. I'm already thinking to purchase more stam audio1073 units.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ...
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search