The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Placid Audio Resonators

Placid Audio Resonator A

5 5 out of 5, based on 1 Review

2 killer mics that give you a sound you can't get with plugins.

17th March 2017

Placid Audio Resonator A by musicdab

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features N/A
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 3.75
Placid Audio Resonators

I have both the Placid Audio Resonator A & B. These things are the real deal! I run a studio that does spoken word, music, and sound effects of various sorts. I started using these 2 mics to test out crazy sounds, now I use them about as much as my SM57. I like to blend these with an instrument mic, about 70/30 and sometimes with inverted phase. Sounds insane, I know, but the ears and results say it all. I almost don't do an electric guitar track without one if not both of these on it anymore.

I got these as one of the early runs of the Resonator mics. One of the best mic investments I've made. I've used these for electric, acoustic, piano, bass, vocals, violas, sound effects, and re-amping. I've even recorded a 1 of a kind 12 string acoustic bass with these. Sounds amazing. I simply haven't been able to duplicate this sound with software. These are 2 of my favorite mics.

I will say, I find the "B" to be more neutral and work on basically everything. But the "A" cuts through majorly for leads. And when the A works, it's the only thing that works.

These mics give you a natural low-fi sound and feel that you just can't duplicate.

Lots of sound samples on various instruments here:

Resonator B

Resonator A

Attached Thumbnails
Placid Audio Resonators-17017228_10155165873353969_1654983434657735244_o.jpg  

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ...
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search