The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
ZOOM R24

ZOOM R24

3.75 3.75 out of 5, based on 3 Reviews

mixer digital recorder, portable

28th February 2017

ZOOM R24 by ZipSnipe

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 3 out of 5
  • Features 3 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 3.75
ZOOM R24

Ok I bought this awhile back for two purposes. One was to take it around and record sounds with it. The other was to use it was mixer for my small electronic setup. While I have since decided to go a different route with on the go recordings(something smaller) I do use it as a mixer. A job it does well, has decent effects, I am still trying to decipher if effects can be synced to BPM, don't think it will as there is no midi unless it goes through the usb. Would be sweet if it did.

I have only recorded a simple track on it just to make sure it can record and it does , its main job is a mixer.

Audio interface, here is where I was sooo mad I called Zoom and actually spoke with the engineer that designed it and left him speechless. When they designed the interface part of it they were extremely lazy. Example none of the faders, switches , knobs can control the volume of the computer coming in. It bypasses all the R24 hardware and goes straight to your speakers. To turn the PC volume down you will have to go in your sound manager and do it that way. It will interface with Cubase and then it will control volume but I don't use Cubase so that sucks.

Oh the big kicker , the adapter simple fell apart upon gently unplugging it from an outlet, I was flabbergasted !!!!! I usually can fix anything, but this was just unfixable the plastic was so thin like eggshells so there is nothing to adhere the prongs to :-(

Aaahh for the price I got it at, I can't complain, it works well as a mixer and I like it

4 weeks ago

ZOOM R24 by weenhillage

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 1 out of 5
  • Features 3 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 3 out of 5
  • Overall: 2.75
ZOOM R24

I felt the need to review this. I don’t often do reviews. I got the r24 simply to use as an interface. It may sound silly because it’s primarily for standalone recording but I had a very hard time finding a multitrack recording interface online that was either still available or not waaaay out of my price range. I needed multitrackimg for my DAW so I got this.

The drivers are a headache. It took me hours to get it working with my DAW and I have used it for some recordings but the drivers are still messing with me and my PC. It freezes my computer all the time, puts it in boot loops and even gave me a blue screen once. I’m constantly sitting down excited to make music only to have it freeze my high end computer.

Keep that in mind. If you don’t plan on using it as an interface I am sure you’ll enjoy it as it’s loaded with features.

6 days ago

ZOOM R24 by deberney

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 4 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.75
ZOOM R24

I have been using Zoom recorders for the past 15 years(?) and use my Zoom recorders more than anything else in my studio. I’ve used the Zoom H4n and Zoom R16 for years until replacing them a few years back with the Zoom H5 and Zoom R24.
My most rewarding recordings are when I sit down and just play without having to worry about the DAW settings/configuration. With any of the Zoom products I can just plug in a mic, guitar, iPhone, hit play and record. They always work, they always record what I think is being recorded and they always sound great.
I can take the Zoom recorders anywhere with either battery or electricity and not be limited with any recording that I want to do.
Zoom support (at least in the USA) is great. I’ve had to call a few times for instructions on multitrack recording issues. The phone was answered by a technician and all of my questions were always answered to my satisfaction without having to go through a phone menu system and/or being transferred to several different depts.
I do video product demo’s - setup configurations for www.youtube.com/c/deberney and use my Zoom R24 extensively for demo audio on equipment (mixers) as I can record all equipment outputs on separate channels for an exact representation of the audio capabilities of each unit I’m testing for each demo.
I’ve also used all my Zoom products for USB recording and after downloading the Zoom driver I don’t have any problems with setup on my Mac or PC’s. The recordings tend to be a bit warmer and not quite as crisp as the recordings from a Focusrite Scarlett, but they can do in a pinch when the DAW isn’t available.
I have a playlist setup for HOME RECORDING and have used either the Zoom H5 or the Zoom R24 to record all of the mixer demos. HOME RECORDING

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... ZOOM R24
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search