The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
ZOOM R24

ZOOM R24

3.75 3.75 out of 5, based on 1 Review

mixer digital recorder, portable

28th February 2017

ZOOM R24 by ZipSnipe

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 3 out of 5
  • Features 3 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 3.75
ZOOM R24

Ok I bought this awhile back for two purposes. One was to take it around and record sounds with it. The other was to use it was mixer for my small electronic setup. While I have since decided to go a different route with on the go recordings(something smaller) I do use it as a mixer. A job it does well, has decent effects, I am still trying to decipher if effects can be synced to BPM, don't think it will as there is no midi unless it goes through the usb. Would be sweet if it did.

I have only recorded a simple track on it just to make sure it can record and it does , its main job is a mixer.

Audio interface, here is where I was sooo mad I called Zoom and actually spoke with the engineer that designed it and left him speechless. When they designed the interface part of it they were extremely lazy. Example none of the faders, switches , knobs can control the volume of the computer coming in. It bypasses all the R24 hardware and goes straight to your speakers. To turn the PC volume down you will have to go in your sound manager and do it that way. It will interface with Cubase and then it will control volume but I don't use Cubase so that sucks.

Oh the big kicker , the adapter simple fell apart upon gently unplugging it from an outlet, I was flabbergasted !!!!! I usually can fix anything, but this was just unfixable the plastic was so thin like eggshells so there is nothing to adhere the prongs to :-(

Aaahh for the price I got it at, I can't complain, it works well as a mixer and I like it

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ...
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search