The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Line 6 Toneport UX8

Line 6 Toneport UX8

4.5 4.5 out of 5, based on 1 Review

Line 6 UX8 interface with Free Platinum Pod Farm and updates for Windows/Win10 current.

20th February 2017

Line 6 Toneport UX8 by ZEF

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.5
Line 6 Toneport UX8

I got the UX8 after reading that Todd Rundgren did an entire album on it. (ARENA- Todd Rundgren)

Having already had the UX2 and being amazed at the fun it offered with the onboard, PODFARM software that has guitar amps, but also Bass amps and Vocal preamps and comps, noise gates etc..

Even more blown away is the obsolete UX8 has a benefit of Free Pod Farm Platinum...for life. Thats a $300 package!

It got better still because the UX8 is not the same as the UX2 in preamps, in I/O, in the metal casing, in the headphone amplifier which is setup for 250ohm to 600ohm headphones aka Pro Headphones. It has SPDIF I/O and Line outs for each channel.
Though it doesnt have MIDI, theres just about anything I needed.

Todd Rundgren did an album with a U87, UX8 and software(no outboard hardware other than guitar amps) proving to me this unit is up to the challenge if the user is.

Ive also ran numerous preamp comparisons and outboard clean preamps were not needed, the UX8 has 8qty phantom powered preamps that work just fine.

Its USB 24/96k able, but I use 24/44.1k. I also feed the SPDIF to a Grace Design Headphone amplifier w/ Beyer880250ohm and comparing to the UX8 headphone amp the Grace is better, but maybe by 20%, 25% better due to better bass clarity...the UX8 headphone amplifier is probably the best interface h-amp and they spec it out for headphone up to 600ohm designed in, which hardly no one does...again just noted this is a well designed unit.

Its a heavy metal unit, great anodized metal with old school baked lettering. Not plastic like the UX2.

Its obsolete unfortunately not easy to find in great condition, but on the positive side they are cheap sometimes $125!
Plug it in and download the Free $300 software and you're ready to record.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ...
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search