The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
JZ Microphones JZ Track

JZ Microphones JZ Track

5 5 out of 5, based on 1 Review

A very flexible Channel Strip made by JZ Microphones and SPL, featuring a single-channel Preamp, De-Esser, Compressor/Limiter and EQ with Air Band

8th February 2017

JZ Microphones JZ Track by vyero

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 5
JZ Microphones JZ Track

This is, by far, maybe THE best Channel Strip you can find for this price.

The construction is pretty solid. The knobs are well built and it looks incredible when racked.

The Mic Preamp is very basic, but powerful. It has a very silky tone by default, so it makes things easier.
It's definitely made for vocals, although you can successfully use it on other acoustic instruments.

The biggest features for me were the De-Esser and the Air Band... Both working amazingly well.

The Compressor reminds me of the DBX Over-Easy compressor, having only 2 knobs: 'Compression' and 'Make-Up Gain' plus a 'Limiter' button.
Even though the EQ section (without the Air Band and Pre's HPF) is a 2 Band Parametric EQ, it becomes really flexible and helpful during the tracking process.

It would be nice to have another EQ band and maybe more compression controls, but for the price I don't think there is anything better.

Overall, I can recommend this fully!

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ...
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search