The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Alesis Multimix 8 USB 2.0

4.5 4.5 out of 5, based on 1 Review

this little mixer will give you 10 channels of audio with its USB 2 driver.

18th January 2017

Alesis Multimix 8 USB 2.0 by grandpagus

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 4 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.5

This little mixer is kick-ass for singer songwriters and groups with up to four mics/line channels and two stereo instruments and the tape in and out.

Its size and toughness make it well suited to recording multiple audio channels in various conference/presentation environments. The bayonet connector for the power supply is very secure.

I've had a Multimix8 USB1 for many years now and have abused it on many occasions, but its tough, and still functionally perfect. I've had the USB2 since they released the model and it is just as tough.

Its got Main and Control Room outs and streams 10 channels of USB-2 audio to the computer with two returns. Its A and B aux returns are helpful, B also going to the effects processor.

I have used it on several laptops with good success. Had no issues loading the drivers or running an application like Vegas for recording live shows. There is a fair amount of latency in and out, its not a Presonus v1818, limiting real time monitoring of recorded tracks.

The mic inputs are reasonably quiet, and the built in digital effects offer a good range of decent effects but I stuck primarily to a plate reverb. Particularly easy to route channels to the digital processor.

Its biggest limitation is its lack of a sweepable mid-range Without that, its hard to really pin down a voice and deliver great diction with fullness.

It would be perfect to see the mixer packaged up as a snakeless head but looking at the current Multimix8 FX I see it is now merely class compliant stereo USB a real step down from this mixer's 10 channels. Otherwise the current 8 FX does have a high-z instrument input on channel 2, inserts on 1 and 2,and a sweepable midrange on channels 1 and 2.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Alesis Multimix 8 USB 2.0
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search