The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Credland Audio Stereo Savage

Plugin Boutique StereoSavage

5 5 out of 5, based on 1 Review

A stereo manipulation plugin that does it all in one box

22nd August 2016

Featured Plugin Boutique StereoSavage by Eddhartwellmusic

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 5
Credland Audio Stereo Savage

A stereo tool that does it all!

Stereo Savage by Credland Audio, is designed to enhance instruments and effects in the stereo field… obviously! This plug however, and I think it might be the first, does all the tricks in one box; widen, auto-pan, delay and more are all available individually or combined.

I’m a huge fan of stereo widening tricks, and believe they can help your mix stand out from others with that extra bit of interest, so having all of these at your fingertips is a real bonus.

The GUI is divided in to 6 pretty self-explanatory sections, all of which can be turned on or off and used independently or in combination:

Effect: Contains a delay, expander and a “vox” option. “Vox” detunes and alters the timing of the source in order to create doubling effects. There is also a wet/dry control here.
Stereo Adjust: Enables you to widen sounds, or even make them narrower. Pre puts the pan control before the width, and rotation does what they call “super-natural panning”.
Input Routing: Complete with phase switches, mono sum and L-R swap
Bass Bypass: Allows the bass frequencies below the cut-off to pass through the plugin un-effected
LFO: For creating movement and chorus-like effects
Meters: With handy I/O meters as well as a visual display of the stereo field.

In Use:
It’s amazingly simple to use, it really doesn’t need any explanation, so I’ll just say that the sound quality is superb, and having lots of effects at your fingertips is fantastic. I ended up using it mainly to add width to mono synths, some auto-panning and as a vocal doubler. All of these it pulled off effortlessly. The sync-able LFO is of great use, and with the drop down menu….

I don’t have anything negative to say about this plugin at all! In the interest of giving a fair review, if I had to say something, it would be that I feel I got better results than the presets, but presets are meant to be a starting point, and the plugin is so easy to use that it really doesn’t matter!

System Requirements

Audio Unit 32-bit and 64-bit
VST 2.4 32-bit and 64-bit
AAX Protools 10.3.6 and later.
OS X 10.7 or later
Windows Vista or later

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ...
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review: