The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
TASCAM DP-008EX

TASCAM DP-008EX

4.4 4.4 out of 5, based on 2 Reviews

This is a simple 2 track record 8 track playback multitrack recorder by Tascam. It records 16 bit audio to SD cards (up to 32 GB). The 2 in are either XLR or standard unbalanced 1/4" line inputs.

19th May 2016

TASCAM DP-008EX by 362343

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 4 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.25
TASCAM DP-008EX

Sound Quality: Excellent 16 bit audio recording. Has some rudimentary insert effects (EQ, Comp, De-essing), send reverb and mastering tools - EQ, Comp/Limiting & Normalizing. I've used the limiting feature on my tracks, and I'm pretty happy with the sound quality.

Ease of use: Dead simple to use. You'll be up and running in no time.

Features: A very simple easy to use tools with what you need to make decent sounding music at home without the need for a computer. It doesn't offer too much compared with the other 8 track recorders such as the Boss BR-800 or Zoom r8, but is the most straight forward and easy to use.

Bang for the Buck: At $219 CDN + $10.00 for the adapter, you'll be hard press to beat this. This was cheaper than my bottom of the line Tascam 4-track cassette recorder from the early 90's. It has everything you need in the box to get your music playback ready. The only thing I use my computer for now is converting the Wav's to MP3's and posting my tracks.

Highly recommended. A very focused, straight forward, 8-track multitrack recorder

3rd August 2016

TASCAM DP-008EX by axlstrat1

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.5
TASCAM DP-008EX

I have been using this recorder for over a year. I started recording a album with it.I know you can do more with a DAW but I want to see what I can do just with this for the most part. I have learned some things about recording and compression settings. for voice instruments etc but the layout of this thing is like recording for dummies real simple.I did a decent six track vocal song my first use in 45 min.I am much better with the unit know.just make sure you use it or any recorder in a low noise area.my condenser mike and the built in mikes both pickup noise. I faulted the recorder. my Presonus Eris E5,s another review coming later. showed me that I picked up noise from the church furnace. we did not notice it during recording. but the mike did.I love the compression presets only thing missing is insert for effects.but I only paid $150.00 is this a replacement for a pro studio or a good DAW no but if you take the time it can make very good recordings on the cheap.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... TASCAM DP-008EX
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search