6th April 2016

Clavia Nord Lead 4R by Disease Factory

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 4 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.25
Clavia Nord Lead 4R

The Nord Lead 4r: After spending a lot of time with it now I can say I love it for everything. I like it more than the virus. The nord 4 is like a nord 2x with more bass, better filters.. I think its a must have for nord lovers.. The roland filters in this are amazing. The moog filter in this sounds better than the one in the Virus as well. Still the Virus has better bass than the nord 4. , i can get it to sound like a jupiter 8, its so snappy, snappier than my sh9. its so bad ass for arps and fast dance bass. i love how the envelopes snap on this synth. Nord 4 is amazing. The most 3d sounding digital synth i have ever played. i'm not kidding. nord 4 has the Impulse morph feature. this feature allows you to hit a button and switch to an altered preset that morphs into the new settings. ITS AMAZING. Most people don't take the time to mess with this, but for making songs pop and arps and riffs change drastic and emphasize parts of a song, this tool is absolutely amazing and the fact that the a1r doesn't have it, is a stab against it. I use it a lot now and music is not nearly as dull as a result, and i am saying the a1r is great for synthy work station style sounds that sound amazing, but the nord 4 is a performance synth that can really bring animation to your mixes. What I love the most about this, NO ALIASING!!!!!!! So play up high, and its thick and musical and bright. Can't say that about any other VA I have owned or played. Virus Aliases really bad. NL4 also has 3 envs, 2 lfos. More complex sounds can be made with nl4 vs a1r.

Nord Lead 4r: 8/10