The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Fender '68 Custom Deluxe

Fender '68 Custom Deluxe

5 5 out of 5, based on 1 Review

A true, all-tube amp that has a great sound. The modified tone stack, -6db #2 inputs, and reverb and vibrato for both channels really makes this a versatile amp.

10th February 2016

Fender '68 Custom Deluxe by shakeyeraz

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 5
Fender '68 Custom Deluxe

I auditioned a number of amps from Fender and Vox (maybe others too - it was a long search) before settling on the '68 Deluxe. It's not really a reissue since there are many changes in the tone stack, circuitry, and speaker over the original '68 silverface. That said, the increased versatility make this very attractive to me to get different sounds, even before effects pedals are used.

Highlights -
Has (to me) the Fender sound
Power (wattage) is good for home and small clubs
Features - tone stack options, spring reverb, vibrato
Sounds ok at very low volume, good at reasonable volume, makes your ears bleed at high volume
Handles pedals nicely with the #2 inputs on each channel
Comes with foot pedal and cover
5-year warranty

Lowlights
Has an initial hum in the reverb circuit - easily fixed (I posted a thread on this)

Bottom line - I'm happy with the purchase. I will note that I did get a really (really) good deal on the amp and it was brand new - this influenced the 'bang for the buck' rating a bit.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Fender '68 Custom Deluxe
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search