The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
DBX 560A

DBX 560A

4.9 4.9 out of 5, based on 3 Reviews

500 Series Version of the original DBX 160A. It's virtually the same unit based off the original schematic. This unit really shines on bass and drums. The over easy function also add a nice compression curve when needed.

3rd February 2016

DBX 560A by toolboxmuziq

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 5
DBX 560A

When I first heard about these units I was totally overjoyed. I have spent days and hours using the original units at the studio where I interned for about 5 years. I was able to score a stereo pair for $300. Out of the box the units felt sturdy and solid. The sounds was just what I was used to. Even though this is a scaled down version to fit the 500 series format , the unit is not cramped for space

8th October 2018

DBX 560A by petterisariola

• Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.75
DBX 560A

DBX 560a is a cheap and good sounding VCA compressor based on the classic DBX 160a, simple controls, really easy to use. I’ve recorded guitars and drums with it and it does the job really well. The metering is clear and easy to understand. I don’t use it very often nowdays as I’ve got several other hardware compressor at hand but it’s always a pleasure to put on the 560a. If you got slots to fill or you don’t have a big budget, this is an excellent option. Only feature I’m missing is a stereo link possibility.

30th March 2020

DBX 560A by graphicnomad

• Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 5
DBX 560A

Simple, great sounding compressor. The price is great, but unlike other cheap compressors you will want to keep this unit for duties like toms and snare bottom even when your studio grows and you acquire more expensive gear.

I made a video demonstration for drums and acoustic guitar:

Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search